How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this year?

How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this season?

• 10 plus

Votes: 9 7.2%

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 75 60.0%

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • less than 6

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Thankfully, I haven't been banned yet - despite being the worst poster GH has had in the 15 years Sour has been on here.

In defense of GH - I might be the proof that you don't get banned for being negative [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predicted 9 because I underestimated MD and Purdue, and didn't think MSU would bounce back quite as quickly. Winning those games would have put us undefeated into Iowa, and I was sure the momentum would get us 2 more down the stretch (especially with Nebraska and NW). I was wrong and I admit that. I still think we pick up 1 or 2 down the stretch, but I'm not as confident as I once was.

Maybe the team can pull it together to get one upset this year, to give us a glimpse of what this team could be, but maybe not. If they do, it better be vs Wisconsin.

Underestimated Maryland and Purdue? You mean the two teams that have combined for 1 B1G win (over IU) besides beating us? You mean those powerhouses? Then you go onto say that maybe we can win not only one but maybe two more B1G games against 4 teams with 15 B1G wins so far? Wow!

I admire your ELITE OPTIMISM Taji!

Underestimated Maryland and Purdue? You mean the two teams that have combined for 1 B1G win (over IU) besides beating us? You mean those powerhouses? Then you go onto say that maybe we can win not only one but maybe two more B1G games against 4 teams with 15 B1G wins so far? Wow!

I admire your ELITE OPTIMISM Taji!

Say what you will, but Maryland is in the East so who knows what their record would be if we swapped places, and Purdue almost beat Nebraska (one of the teams I think we can beat), and have yet to play NW (the other team I think we can beat).

Nothing wrong with being optimistic.

Taji,
Maryland is 1-1 in the East lost to OSU and beat IU (by 3 at home). They've lost to WI, NW, and beat us in the West.

I do think Nebraska is a mess (and still overrated) and NW is overrated if you can be such a thing with an avg. record. Thus, I agree those are our best chances for victories, but I wouldn't put any money down on it that's for sure!

Taji,
Maryland is 1-1 in the East lost to OSU and beat IU (by 3 at home). They've lost to WI, NW, and beat us in the West.

And I'm saying I underestimated how well they would play against us. Maybe they both played their best game's of the year against us, who knows.

Hell, Clemson lost to Syracuse, who lost to Middle Tennesse State, who lost to us. Things happen, it's college football. Its possible to underestimate a team that is last in its conference and possible to overestimate a team that is first in its conference.

I do think Nebraska is a mess (and still overrated) and NW is overrated if you can be such a thing with an avg. record. Thus, I agree those are our best chances for victories, but I wouldn't put any money down on it that's for sure!

I never said anything about putting money down :p

It's hard to see us winning another game. Maybe Nebraska.

Many think the talent level of the team warrants a 4-win campaign, but I think it goes beyond that and would be an underachievement.

But, pull off a win against a potentially undefeated top 5 Wisconsin team, I don't care if they win another game in my lifetime.. Or, beat Michigan this weekend and I'll commandeer the boat and start using acronyms to describe everything.

That's pretty weak of GH if true. Trolling is one thing, but getting banned for being "negative" would be very disappointing.

I don't want to say too much to where I get banned again, but the bans come without warning and for a long time.

At least in my experience. I have a feeling a certain poster is repeatedly telling admins to ban me.
My arguments are usually fact-based, detailed, colorful, but not attacking or breaking of the forum rules, but if you say something people disagree with, they'll report you and a ban can come.

Thankfully, I haven't been banned yet - despite being the worst poster GH has had in the 15 years Sour has been on here.

In defense of GH - I might be the proof that you don't get banned for being negative [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think if your opinion lies in with the right group, you won't get banned.
If you are on the other side of the issue, the ban can come.

It's hard to see us winning another game. Maybe Nebraska.

Many think the talent level of the team warrants a 4-win campaign, but I think it goes beyond that and would be an underachievement.

But, pull off a win against a potentially undefeated top 5 Wisconsin team, I don't care if they win another game in my lifetime.. Or, beat Michigan this weekend and I'll commandeer the boat and start using acronyms to describe everything.

I think we have a chance.

How would you feel if we don't win anymore games, but all 4 are very close?
Would you feel better if they beat NE and NW, but get blown out by Mich and Wisc?

How about they only win one, but it's Wisconsin, but they get blown out in the other three?

I'm just hoping for 4 competitive games, and hopefully a win so I nail my 5-7 prediction.

I think we have a chance.

How would you feel if we don't win anymore games, but all 4 are very close?
Would you feel better if they beat NE and NW, but get blown out by Mich and Wisc?

How about they only win one, but it's Wisconsin, but they get blown out in the other three?

I'm just hoping for 4 competitive games, and hopefully a win so I nail my 5-7 prediction.

Most of us are still hoping for 4 more wins. That's the difference right there.

Most of us are still hoping for 4 more wins. That's the difference right there.

I'm "hoping" for 4 more wins.
I'm also "hoping" for one or two more wins.

Even if we don't win any games, I'm "hoping" our team plays well.

I'm not going to be disappointed if we only win one more game.
So far this season is going pretty much as I expected, but I thought we'd have our 5th win and we'd be playing in non-competitive games from here on out.
Iowa was competitive despite QB play that is even surprising me, so I was pleasantly surprised with that game, despite the loss.

It would be disappointing if we lose the last four and aren't competitive in any (especially NW and NEB).

Top Bottom