How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this year?

How many regular season games do you expect the Gophers to win this season?

• 10 plus

Votes: 9 7.2%

Votes: 17 13.6%
  • 7-8

Votes: 75 60.0%

Votes: 19 15.2%
  • less than 6

Votes: 5 4.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
I went with 7.

Losses to:

Oregon St.
Iowa
Michigan
Northwestern
Wisconsin

I think Oregon St. and Iowa could be toss ups and could be wins, but if I had to bet it would be 7 wins.

That's what I expect. Like a lot of people, I could see anywhere from 6 to 10 but I can't see less than 6 or more than 10.

7-8 but wouldn't be surprised if they win 6 or 9.

Couldn't decide between 9 and 10. Went with 9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I went with 7-8. I am becoming less optimistic about this season. no specific reason - more of a feeling. I am just getting a sense that the transition to a new coaching staff and system might be rockier than I was hoping. And the QB situation is starting to worry me.

I hope I'm wrong. I do think that an awful lot is riding on the non-conference games. There are a number of questions that need to be answered - can they answer those questions and still pick up some victories? But, I would be surprised if they come flying out of the gate in week #1. I really think this is going to be a work in progress all season.

I would have went higher, but I'm a little worried about Oregon St who will probably be improved, and Middle Tennessee who has a good QB and top wide receiver. I've heard the talk of a possible 7-0 start and hope its happens but will believe it when I see it.

I also expect 7 or 8. And unfortunately, I wouldn't be surprised if we win 6. 5 or Less, and I'm worried about our staff's ability. 9 would seem possible if things go right, stay healthy, catch some breaks etc. 10 plus would be totally crazy and obviously very fun!

Went with 7-8. Going to be an interesting year. Really want the guy to succeed here, of course. The whole program seems to be set up for some good years.

7-8 until we have a clue about the quarterback; then it could be better....or worse.

I think 8 is a realistic number. Will see how it plays out.

Six. Two wins for each starting QB this year.

Went with 7-8 which seems like a safe bet. I think 7 is the baseline with mediocre QB play. If someone really steps in and gets it done in that spot then we are looking at 9+. Tough to predict though without really having a clue what we are going to get at QB.

8 wins for scheme and talent, an extra for culture. so 9.

I'm at 6 right now. The biggest differences I see between some of our wins last year and the schedule this year are @Oregon St, Michigan St replacing Rutgers, and @Northwestern.

If we win @Oregon St and the offense looks improved, then I think they can get to 7-8.

I was told on here before that there are a bunch of people lowering expectations and only expecting 4-5 wins? Where are all those people?

I'm at 6 right now. The biggest differences I see between some of our wins last year and the schedule this year are @Oregon St, Michigan St replacing Rutgers, and @Northwestern.

If we win @Oregon St and the offense looks improved, then I think they can get to 7-8.

I was told on here before that there are a bunch of people lowering expectations and only expecting 4-5 wins? Where are all those people?

You have lowered expectations for this season since the moment Fleck was introduced as coach.

Went with this as well, but would add even 10 wins wouldn't surprise me, especially if they win all the non-conference games. Momentum and confidence play a big roll in game success from week to week.

I think it would have been very interesting to see the results if 7 and 8 were separate categories. I wonder if it'd be half and half, a lot more one than the other...

I'd have taken 7 myself. Obviously I hope for 12, but being in my mind realistic about it, I keep coming back to 7.

I think a lot of people have either hyperbolized (I hope) or completely misunderstood the concept that lowering expectations for this year based on new coach, new system, unexpected loss of several projected starters, unknown for starting QB, etc. doesn't mean Wacker type win totals. Heck, even 8 wins with two of them being asterisk wins is a worse result than last year, right? :)

How could 10 wins possibly not surprise someone? We've done this once in like 40 years?

I'll say the record for the regular season ends up at 7-5.

Top Bottom