• Green

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Morgan

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Estes

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They literally begged Rhoda to come back. I think PJ has to honor that for at least the first game and let him play himself out of it.

PJ is honoring it by giving him an equal chance at winning the job- which should be all any of us should ask for at any station in life. I seriously doubt the young man expects any more than that- I don't see him being the 2nd coming of PN7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJ is honoring it by giving him an equal chance at winning the job- which should be all any of us should ask for at any station in life. I seriously doubt the young man expects any more than that- I don't see him being the 2nd coming of PN7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not to mention another year on-scholarship. Hell I wouldn't care if I was the starter or got to play, if a coach said "You won't have to transfer for your last year of college, and you'll get another year on scholarship" if accept in a heartbeat

Not to mention another year on-scholarship. Hell I wouldn't care if I was the starter or got to play, if a coach said "You won't have to transfer for your last year of college, and you'll get another year on scholarship" if accept in a heartbeat

That sound's pretty, how did you put it, cowardly.

Many people who are competitive enough to get them into a position to get a scholarship on the (old) D1-A level, want to get a chance to play. They don't just want to be "handed" their scholarship. They want to earn it.

But as you say, there certainly are exceptions.

Many people who are competitive enough to get them into a position to get a scholarship on the (old) D1-A level, want to get a chance to play. They don't just want to be "handed" their scholarship. They want to earn it.

Of course, and I never claimed Rhoda wasn't competitive and wouldn't want the spot now did I? What I was saying was another reason why Fleck didn't owe Rhoda a starting position, as he got a lot already. He doesn't have to transfer and leave all of his friends and teammates he's had, and he gets to stay on scholarship (which I believe was why he was leaving in the first place, as TC wasn't going to give him another year). If I were in his position there would be no way I would feel like Fleck owed me anything, in fact I would owe him in my mind. How they repay that is up to them.

Of course, and I never claimed Rhoda wasn't competitive and wouldn't want the spot now did I? What I was saying was another reason ...

Nope what you said was "Hell I wouldn't care if I was the starter or got to play, if a coach said "You won't have to transfer for your last year of college, and you'll get another year on scholarship" if accept in a heartbeat

That's cowardly.

Nope what you said was "Hell I wouldn't care if I was the starter or got to play, if a coach said "You won't have to transfer for your last year of college, and you'll get another year on scholarship" if accept in a heartbeat

That's cowardly.
I mean, if you consider not wanting to move away from friends and not wanting to take out student loans cowardly than call me cowardly I guess. Still don't understand why you brought it up, as me calling people cowardly is far from the worst insult that's been thrown around d on this board.

He has a chance to play... be the better QB.

Sid chimes in:

Personally, I think it will be Croft because of his outstanding performance in the spring game.

Leidner’s rushing ability was put to heavy use under former head coaches Jerry Kill and Tracy Cleays, as he averaged about 374 rushing yards and just over eight rushing touchdowns per season.

And while Fleck says the team doesn’t want its quarterbacks running too much, if Croft is named starter one would have to think the fleet-footed quarterback, who rushed for 845 yards and 10 touchdowns in his senior season at Boylan High School in Illinois, would be asked to do some running.

“I hope they don’t have to run too much, but our run game does call for our [quarterbacks] to have to run a little bit, not a lot,” Fleck said. “But if one does run a little bit better than the other, then maybe we’ll run a little bit more. It just depends on the health of our football team as we go through the year.”

http://www.startribune.com/gophers-...s-chances-despite-criticism-of-him/439543543/

Go Gophers!!

That's cowardly.

All Taj is trying to say is that Rhoda would be grateful for opportunity to keep his scholarship and continue to help the team he's invested in. Don't be so dang cold and off the rails about it ICEland. :eek:

Rhoda is an asset to the team whether he starts or not. You've got to have backups in case of injuries.

My gut says Rhoda and my head says Croft. I'm going with Rhoda, although Croft gives you more escapability and the scrambling dimension. Logic says Croft but gut says Rhoda is more of a Fleck guy. Maybe more of a fighter and he may have better decision making, which Fleck has mentioned multiple times, his requirement for a decisive decision mak4er. I also think we may see multiple QB's get game opportunities.

I went with McLaurin

I

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom