Estes taking snaps with Green, and Morgan?

How can you say that about Armstrong? Is he a leader on his high school team? He looks good on the highlight clips that have been shown, but highlight clips only show the highlights. Croft and Rhoda had similar clips coming out of HS.
I'm assuming you mean Croft as the guy with the arm. Not sure how observing a practice or two would be enough to see that he is or isn't a leader. PJF didn't think Terrell was a good leader at first and didn't play him, then when he did they took off. Not saying that will be the case with Croft, but it could be the same thing.
Still believe PJF is just using coach talk right now to have them continue to compete and show what they have. Plenty of time yet to name a starter and start prep work for the first game and season.

Fantasyland must be a wonderful place for you. Wouldn't it be great to believe the Gophers have a few potential all-B1G QBs on the roster that are ready to explode on the scene and PJ is just trying to temper expectations...

Agree especially with last part- he should have had 3 INTs which obviously could have impacted the outcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly. There's a video of every one of his snaps on YouTube. People pining for Rhoda should go watch it.

Fantasyland must be a wonderful place for you. Wouldn't it be great to believe the Gophers have a few potential all-B1G QBs on the roster that are ready to explode on the scene and PJ is just trying to temper expectations...

I'm not sure that is what he is saying. I read it as PJ knows one will be the starter, but feels it is in the best interest of the team to continue to push that player by making it seem like a 50/50 proposition still. Seems possible.

Doomsville must be a wonderful place for you.
As Spoofin said, I believe PJ is talking the way he is right now, because he is trying to push them to be better and to improve. He also is pushing them and talking the way he is to see if they can handle the pressure. It's coach speak, just like most other HC do when they are trying to find the starting QB.

Now about the other part of your post about Armstrong, Do you know the leadership ability of Armstrong?
How about Croft or Rhoda? Observing at a couple practice only gives a small picture into what they are like on the field and how the rest of their teammates feel about them. The longer they go before naming the starter, the better this new staff can evaluate that and their ability to lead this offense and make proper decisions - not only in where to throw, but also in making the correct read with the Run Pass Options.
There are almost 4 weeks before the first game. They'll want the starter getting more reps with the first team soon, so I'm guessing by late next week one will be named. The other thing about it is, both Rhoda and Croft are getting reps with the first team and second team about equally, which means they are working with the WR who are also fighting for spots so they are building good rapport and timing with all the receivers who will be getting playing time.

Top Bottom