New Helmet Logo Poll

What do you think about the new Row the Boat logo on Helmets?

• LOVE it! PJF is spot on and I'm Rowing the Boat.

Votes: 20 12.8%
  • O.K. Every coach puts their stamp on the team. I can live with it.

Votes: 56 35.9%
  • NEUTRAL - If the student athletes like it, I'll tolerate it.

Votes: 24 15.4%
  • DISLIKE it - Ski-U-Mah is our logo.

Votes: 34 21.8%
  • HATE it! What kind of Self-Promoting character is PJF? It's Brewsteresque

Votes: 22 14.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rescooter

Section 243
Reaction score
All right everyone. We have been told that a lot of people love #RTB on the helmets and a lot of people hate it. Here is the poll to guage Gopherholes majority opinion.

I would love it if Goldie was in a canoe with a fur hat on going over Minnehaha falls like nobodies business.

Great idea!

Went with the O.K. option because I don't see the giant controversy that has developed here on GH. Also don't see it as the difference as winning and losing.

Hate it because I hate all words on the helmet stripe. The yellow helmets would look pretty good without them; with them they look like a billboard they've sold ad space on.

I don't love the look of it going down the center stripe, but I don't hate it on principle or anything. I might prefer it on the back of the helmet where they put the Ski-U-Mah. It really doesn't bother me much.

Hate it because I hate all words on the helmet stripe. The yellow helmets would look pretty good without them; with them they look like a billboard they've sold ad space on.

Yeah, it is a bit overdone.... Subtle is the key, like the Brick by Brick was...

Yup pretty much. I wouldn't really want them to put Ski-U-Mah or Gophers or Minnesota down the stripe either. I just don't care for words on the stripe.

Voted dislike, but could lean to neutral.

Four out of 34 love it! Too many choices, just a Yay or Nay would have been fine.

In the words of Dr Rick Marshall..."Matt Lauer can suck it!" [emoji41]

Go the a practice and then you will love it because it is everywhere and this team is going places

I voted Love it. I felt the second option was too neutral.

My ideal response would be. "I like it. Every coach puts their stamp on the team and PJ is doing so here."

Hate it! So much baffonery from a generation that can't or won't respect traditions. We're talking the University of Minnesota here, not Fleck Technical College for Acronyms and Aphorisms. Someone tell PJ he's an employee of a school that's been around for many times more than he's been on earth and will be long after he's gone. The school is not a platform for his personal promotion and self aggrandizement.

Wait 'til you see the jerseys with oars all over them.

Especially the gray ones (with gray pants).

Not a fan. It's a fine saying, but it's just being forced too much to fit. He's going to cram that round peg into a square hole if it's the only thing he accomplishes on earth. If it wasn't already the slogan for the school he just coached, I'd probably like it more, but it just seems like a rip off at this point (and, yes, I'm aware of the back story). They had to buy it from another school for crying out loud. A little desperate for my taste.

What do we do when he brings RTB to the SEC in a couple of years? (Maybe he'll make a long career here, like some seem to think. But, like a significant other that cheats on somebody, they can never really be trusted again no matter the intentions).

It's been Ski-U-Mah for 150 years. It's still Ski-U-Mah. If the team wants to have it be their mantra, wear/sell shirts, etc, more power to them. But, I don't want/need any other agendas, fads, pushed in face at every turn. This doesn't need to be on the jerseys/helmets, posted all over the stadium, practice facility, said at the end of every interview, etc.

Not a fan. It's a fine saying, but it's just being forced too much to fit. He's going to cram that round peg into a square hole if it's the only thing he accomplishes on earth. If it wasn't already the slogan for the school he just coached, I'd probably like it more, but it just seems like a rip off at this point (and, yes, I'm aware of the back story). They had to buy it from another school for crying out loud. A little desperate for my taste.

What do we do when he brings RTB to the SEC in a couple of years? (Maybe he'll make a long career here, like some seem to think. But, like a significant other that cheats on somebody, they can never really be trusted again no matter the intentions).

It's been Ski-U-Mah for 150 years. It's still Ski-U-Mah. If the team wants to have it be their mantra, wear/sell shirts, etc, more power to them. But, I don't want/need any other agendas, fads, pushed in face at every turn. This doesn't need to be on the jerseys/helmets, posted all over the stadium, practice facility, said at the end of every interview, etc.

I'm confused with this take. What has he done in the past to where he can't be trusted?

Hate it! So much baffonery from a generation that can't or won't respect traditions. We're talking the University of Minnesota here, not Fleck Technical College for Acronyms and Aphorisms. Someone tell PJ he's an employee of a school that's been around for many times more than he's been on earth and will be long after he's gone. The school is not a platform for his personal promotion and self aggrandizement.

The U doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Wonder why? Doesn't the U respect tradition?

Or maybe the U thinks it's a platform to promote the football program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The U doesn't seem to have a problem with it. Wonder why? Doesn't the U respect tradition?

Or maybe the U thinks it's a platform to promote the football program.

More people at the administrative level and dept level struggle with it than you realize. They are trying to balance PJ's wish to make it RTB University with having it be a rallying cry for the football program.

More people at the administrative level and dept level struggle with it than you realize. They are trying to balance PJ's wish to make it RTB University with having it be a rallying cry for the football program.

Fleck isn't asking that RTB become a part of every aspect of the school. So your notion that he is trying to make it RTB U is ridiculous.

The U is fine with it as the slogan used by the football team and aren't threatened by it as a segment of the fan base seem to be.

Fleck isn't asking that RTB become a part of every aspect of the school. So your notion that he is trying to make it RTB U is ridiculous.

The U is fine with it as the slogan used by the football team and aren't threatened by it as a segment of the fan base seem to be.

Did you ask the U this question over dinner?

Agreed.
Kill had the word "Sisu" engraved on a sledgehammer that the kids touched before every game. Sisu roughly means "to have grit" and it was a slogan for the team in one of the past years.
Row the boat is similar to Sisu in its meaning. We didn't see Sisu on the helmet, for which I am glad. No reason to have "row the boat" on the helmet either

Agreed.
Kill had the word "Sisu" engraved on a sledgehammer that the kids touched before every game. Sisu roughly means "to have grit" and it was a slogan for the team in one of the past years.
Row the boat is similar to Sisu in its meaning. We didn't see Sisu on the helmet, for which I am glad. No reason to have "row the boat" on the helmet either

Yeah I'm glad Kill never put a slogan on a helmet.

Top Bottom