Movie Night at TCF

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score
Did anyone else goto Movie Night at TCF last night?

Obviously more of a family event.

It was nice... if not a little disappointing with long lines for food and the bathrooms (like every non gameday event....).

I'm still digging rubber bits out of my skin here and there and my kids shoes, but that's part of the fun.

U7jOA0E.png

They played Moana? I should've gone, my 2.5 year old is positively obsessed with that movie. At least the music is good

That was my last one. They've now resorted to forcing people to eat their food (searching bags for contraband and starting a half hour earlier so people don't have time to grab a bite beforehand), yet the lines are slow and a mile long, and they ran out of some key things - like popcorn...at a movie! Meanwhile, the things that haven't been good in the past go uncorrected, such as the inadequate audio. To make matters worse, the early start time made it so the main screen was essentially un-viewable because of the sun right beside it. People were turning around 180 degrees to watch the movie on a small auxiliary board. Once again, the U seems to be able to foul pretty much anything up. Our group agrees that this idea has potential if executed well.

That was my last one. They've now resorted to forcing people to eat their food (searching bags for contraband and starting a half hour earlier so people don't have time to grab a bite beforehand), yet the lines are slow and a mile long, and they ran out of some key things - like popcorn...at a movie! Meanwhile, the things that haven't been good in the past go uncorrected, such as the inadequate audio. To make matters worse, the early start time made it so the main screen was essentially un-viewable because of the sun right beside it. People were turning around 180 degrees to watch the movie on a small auxiliary board. Once again, the U seems to be able to foul pretty much anything up. Our group agrees that this idea has potential if executed well.

They didn't search my bags very carefully but I didn't even know we could violate the usual bag policy, and with some little kids it would have been nice to been able to bring more stuff :(

But yeah their planning for food and etc was as usual, terrible, and it's not like they had a huge turnout.

Right idea... typically bad execution.

At game day, I have been able to bring in small food (like an apple) to the stadium when I bring my toddler. Movie night? They made us throw away an apple and a cheese stick at the door. Concessions were sparse and long lines, as others have mentioned. I wished Goldy was there (they had an inflatable one, but not the same).

Complaints aside, the event itself is actually really cool and great for families. I hope the University continues to improve these types of programs as I can't imagine they are very expensive to run (student athlete volunteers running the bounce house and games, minimal setup compared to gameday or other stadium events).

At game day, I have been able to bring in small food (like an apple) to the stadium when I bring my toddler. Movie night? They made us throw away an apple and a cheese stick at the door. Concessions were sparse and long lines, as others have mentioned. I wished Goldy was there (they had an inflatable one, but not the same).

Complaints aside, the event itself is actually really cool and great for families. I hope the University continues to improve these types of programs as I can't imagine they are very expensive to run (student athlete volunteers running the bounce house and games, minimal setup compared to gameday or other stadium events).

The littler kids seemed to love just being there and romping around. The average young kid has already seen the movie 954 times, so it's just a huge playtime in a cool place to them. I'm just an adult Gopher fan who doesn't mind watching a good kids' movie; I and my wife and my adult daughter are not the target demographic to be sure. But would it kill the U to allow us to bring in a picnic dinner? If it's a revenue thing for them, hire more workers and make more food!! It's maddening.

Yeah they did movie night years ago and actual Goldy was there handing out little footballs to the kids. Not this time. I kinda figured they might but nope.

Maybe Goldy was there... just in the line for the bathroom?

They lost money selling beer, so it is never a surprise they f things up. Went the first year and the sound was so bad we have never gone back.

So not Elite this year either?

I've always wondered about attending this event and have never gone. Definitely sounds like it could be improved.

Didn't know this was a thing. Pretty neat idea though. Good way to get people in the community connected with the school and program

They played Moana? I should've gone, my 2.5 year old is positively obsessed with that movie. At least the music is good
Dave Moana will do anything to keep his fingers tampering around the U.

I hope you send this to Coyle, and Kaler, and Fleck. You really should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom