Gophers "Receiving Votes" in Preseason Coaches Poll

Some voters must want PJF to fail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be honest, I was a little surprised when I first read this. However, it's important to remember that these are largely based on the previous year's record. Minnesota was one of 36 teams to win 9 or more games in 2016. Interestingly, with the number of teams receiving votes, Minnesota is ranked 51st in this poll.

Some voters must want PJF to fail

I am surprised PJ Fleck didn't get more votes than Gopher Football. You know, since PJ Fleck made Gopher Football all about himself.

Western Michigan with two more votes than Gophers is interesting

Agreed. But they did just go to the Cotton Bowl last year

I think Minnesota will surprise a lot of people this year, especially considering their favorable schedule. I don't think PJ Fleck is going to work any magic but people expecting this to be a rebuilding year for Minnesota are mistaken. This year will lay the foundation for what is to come and they will continue to improve.

I am surprised PJ Fleck didn't get more votes than Gopher Football. You know, since PJ Fleck made Gopher Football all about himself.

Now that is funny. Given the post that was quoted.

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa/football/polls/coaches-poll/

B1G teams:

2. Ohio State
6. Penn State
9. Michigan
10. Wisconsin

Northwestern, Nebraska, Gophers and Iowa receiving votes

Others Receiving Votes
Washington State 99; Colorado 72; TCU 58; Boise State 49; Notre Dame 49; Texas A&M 46; Pittsburgh 45; North Carolina State 39; Oregon 37; Northwestern 25; Nebraska 23; Memphis 22; Arkansas 22; Mississippi State 19; San Diego State 18; Appalachian State 11; Brigham Young 10; Georgia Tech 10; Tulsa 10; Wyoming 9; Western Michigan 8; Temple 8; North Carolina 8; Houston 7; Troy 6; Minnesota 6; Iowa 5; Louisiana Tech 4; Syracuse 3; Arizona 2; Army 1; Colorado State 1; Michigan State 1; Maryland 1; Toledo 1; UCLA 1.

Go Gophers!!

I assume the PJ vote was split between Western Michigan, Minnesota, and Notre Dame.

How does WSU have 99? Do they return everyone?

I assume the PJ vote was split between Western Michigan, Minnesota, and Notre Dame.

Is this your new bit now? You got bored of pushing the "4 wins" nonsense, so now you're pushing the "Fleck to Notre Dame" nonsense?

How does WSU have 99? Do they return everyone?

No, but they do return Falk, their RBs, and most of their front seven on defense. I've seen them right around the 25-30 range in most preseason polls to date

Is this your new bit now? You got bored of pushing the "4 wins" nonsense, so now you're pushing the "Fleck to Notre Dame" nonsense?

Cruze has to have something to do.

These preseason polls are nothing but a staging edge. If I remember correctly the defending Champion is number 5? And the team they beat is number 1? Come on Man. This is engineering a spot in the final 4. The opening game Alabama vs. FSU will say more than the coaches poll.

No. I've said it before. I think Heather has a large impact on whether he leaves some day.
Notre Dame would be great an all for any coach, but a wife with kids who likes a community might be enough to stop the move.

I was merely making a joke with my quote.

Huh, so we received the same amount as Troy (the school, I'm assuming...not my brother?), and a few less than traditional powers App St., Wyoming, and Western Mich? Man the offseason is deathly boring...wake me before the Buffalo game.

Top Bottom