Gophers To Host Diaper Drive In Conjunction With Aug. 5 Open Practice

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per GopherSports:

Gophers To Host Diaper Drive In Conjunction With Aug. 5 Open Practice
Fans are encouraged to bring diapers to practice as every diaper donated will help a baby and family in need

The University of Minnesota football team will hold a diaper drive in conjunction with its open practice at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Aug. 5.

Fans attending practice at the Gibson-Nagurski Football Complex are encouraged to bring diapers to Saturday’s practice. Those diapers will then be donated to the Diaper Bank of Minnesota, which provides diapers and wipes to families in need through partner agencies in the Twin Cities.

Fans can bring a six-pack of diapers or a box of 96 diapers, as every diaper donated will help a baby. Fans can also bring diapers that their little ones have grown out of, as the diaper bank will repackage them for families in need.

One in three Minnesota families struggle to afford enough diapers for their babies. Diapers cost about $1,000 a year for the first three years of a child’s life and government assistance programs cannot be used to purchase diapers.

The Diaper Bank of Minnesota, which is run entirely by volunteers, has distributed more than 105,000 diapers this year.

Go Gophers!!

I hate this idea, they should make practice about practice. This is just more PJ making everything about PJ.

Can I somehow stipulate that a certain portion of my "donation" goes to members here on GopherHole?

So edgy and original.

Yes, and comparing a diaper drive to putting RTB and oars on our uniforms is par for the course with you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and comparing a diaper drive to putting RTB and oars on our uniforms is par for the course with you.

I didn't compare anything. I had to fulfill my negative comment quota for the day. Also one benefits children while the other one doesn't harm anyone besides old people on GH.

I didn't compare anything. I had to fulfill my negative comment quota for the day. Also one benefits children while the other one doesn't harm anyone besides old people on GH.

Actually I believe both help children. Doesn't any proceeds that come from Row the Boat licensing get donated to Children's Masonic Hospital?

Actually I believe both help children. Doesn't any proceeds that come from Row the Boat licensing get donated to Children's Masonic Hospital?

Yes, good point!

I know a box of diapers at Costco costs over $42.00 which will last about fifteen to thirty days on average depending on age.

So, it is a big deal for families with limited budgets.

I know a box of diapers at Costco costs over $42.00 which will last about fifteen to thirty days on average depending on age.

So, it is a big deal for families with limited budgets.

Baby formula is probably even worse. So glad we're past those days. Not sure which is/was more expensive - formula and diapers or 2 kids playing competitive sports.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

My recollection is about 2 wipes per diaper change. So in Fleck-speak the diaper total is Elite and the wipe total is...?

That's great to see. Way to go, Gopher fans!

Awesome idea. Well done Gophers.

Next time we should shoot for 28,000!

Top Bottom