All Things "Being P.J. Fleck" ESPNU Documentary Series Thread

Airing at 6pm on ESPNU but that's in California on Directv. "Sleeping Giant". Minnesota head coach P.J. Fleck on how his squad is a sleeping giant.

After watching the first three episodes have to say I'm on the boat wherever it takes us. Obviously they are crafted to cast him in a positive light but I didn't sense some of the personality defects I was fearing. These shows are going to help with recruiting, no question.

I frankly don't understand the angst by many Gopher fans about Fleck leaving if he's successful. The University has had some high profile female coaches leave but I can only recall Holtz being the only high profile coach of a men's team leaving. Am I missing something? I fervently hope that Fleck has the kind of success that would bring USC, Alabama, Florida State, and Ohio State knocking on his door.

Musselman

Half way through Episode 4 so far and this is the best episode yet IMO.

It truly did highlight the future of the program and what the campus is going to offer once the athlete village is complete. Every recruit needs to watch this! An ELITE 30 minute national advertising campaign with current player testimonials.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That episode was awesome. The new facilities are incredible and I loved the aerial over the campus to start it off. Such a beautiful place to go to school.

No way around it - Episode 4 was awesome. Go Gophers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was a very good episode.
Like some GHers, he needs a math lesson. :) If he goes 1 - 11 each year and beats Wisc. then he would be 4 - 44 in that time and it sounded like he said 4 and 40.

Ski-U-Mah!

Was a very good episode.
Like some GHers, he needs a math lesson. :) If he goes 1 - 11 each year and beats Wisc. then he would be 4 - 44 in that time and it sounded like he said 4 and 40.

Ski-U-Mah!
I don't know if you've heard, but he was a social studies teacher, not a math teacher.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I don't know if you've heard, but he was a social studies teacher, not a math teacher.

That also might explain why he said he took a pay cut to come here.

The last episode was a great 30 minute commercial for Gopher Football (not that there's anything wring with that). Both for the fans and recruits.

The last episode was a great 30 minute commercial for Gopher Football (not that there's anything wring with that). Both for the fans and recruits.

Somehow we need to find a way to get that episode aired on ESPN during prime time.

Somehow we need to find a way to get that episode aired on ESPN during prime time.

If Gophs start 7-0, that would probably provide the way. Got to think every recruit offer going forward will have a link to the whole series as well.

I would advocate for Fleck's extension if he went 1-11 and beat the Badgers every year. That would be hilarious.

PJ Fleck is cunning. He just gave the Gopher Football Program a ton of good press. I hope they re-play all the episodes regularly during the football season.

The Merrick Jackson and the O.J. Smith segments I thought were really good for publicity. They will catch someone's attention.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jaylen Waters is huge, I was sort of wondering what the new DC would do with Waters and Barber, bother very strong, heavy LBs.

The series was run on ESPN2 tonight. I had a couple of friends who are not Gopher fans take notice. Both texted me and said they are bigger Gopher/Fleck fans now. Pretty cool.

The last episode was 100% recruiting tool for the U! Fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom