All Things "Being P.J. Fleck" ESPNU Documentary Series Thread

In case anyone is wondering if there will be fall practice footage in the series, it seems there will at least be some.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Saw the replay of episode 1 and I must say that I can see many upper end recruits watching and getting excited about playing for PJ. So far, I would rate it a positive for the football program.

In case anyone is wondering if there will be fall practice footage in the series, it seems there will at least be some.

I was specifically told here on GH there would be no footage from Fall Camp. So, this has to be #FakeNews from the Gopher Football twitter account. :cool:

I was specifically told here on GH there would be no footage from Fall Camp. So, this has to be #FakeNews from the Gopher Football twitter account. :cool:

I heard Ryan Burns say the same so I'm guess your GH source got it from him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It worked for Pete Carroll.

It is amusing to read how many things are upsetting to certain fans re PJ. And then others are so worried about him leaving. I am just enjoying everything he is doing and am really excited to see what he puts out on the field. We have made fun of Gopher recruits who had MAC offers in the past. Yet PJ took a MAC bottom feeder to the Cotton Bowl.

Majority of his coaching experience is in the NFL...and it took three shots as a HC for it to work for him. Lou Holtz.

I believe PJ has stated it's a goal of his to win a Super Bowl.
Hope he gets a chance as that will mean he more than likely had great success here

I believe PJ has stated it's a goal of his to win a Super Bowl.
Hope he gets a chance as that will mean he more than likely had great success here

It just means will be so elite that the Gophers will win the Superbowl

Watched the show on the BTN on Thurs nite.

Trying to be fair and balanced here: as a TV show, a lot of repetition. How many times do we need to hear people saying Fleck is genuine, and is the same person in private as in public?

I liked the footage of Fleck in HS. If he was a couple of inches taller, I think he could have been a darn good college point guard - probably could have played hoops at a lower-level D1 school from what I saw. The guy had talent, I'll give him that.

And his parents are interesting. His Mom looks like a character.

Obviously, it was just the 1st episode, so don't know what direction they will take in future episodes. I would like to hear more about his coaching philosophy - more X's and O's.

Also would like to hear him address the decision to move to MN - the pros and cons. How close was he to staying at WMU?

Those are some general thoughts.

The important thing is the national audience that may be hearing him for the first time.

We've got to give lots of reasons for four star players to be interested and enthusiastic about possibly playing for PJF.

The important thing is the national audience that may be hearing him for the first time.

We've got to give lots of reasons for four star players to be interested and enthusiastic about possibly playing for PJF.

You are right. Of all the promotional stuff PJF does that folks think will make a difference - this show is the one that will. It is a Home Run for putting us on the National Stage. Gotta give him props for this.

Watched the show on the BTN on Thurs nite.

Trying to be fair and balanced here: as a TV show, a lot of repetition. How many times do we need to hear people saying Fleck is genuine, and is the same person in private as in public?

I liked the footage of Fleck in HS. If he was a couple of inches taller, I think he could have been a darn good college point guard - probably could have played hoops at a lower-level D1 school from what I saw. The guy had talent, I'll give him that.

And his parents are interesting. His Mom looks like a character.

Obviously, it was just the 1st episode, so don't know what direction they will take in future episodes. I would like to hear more about his coaching philosophy - more X's and O's.

Also would like to hear him address the decision to move to MN - the pros and cons. How close was he to staying at WMU?

Those are some general thoughts.

Agreed. Unlike some others, he didn't make me want to run through a wall. That said, there's no question why he's had success at the head coach level. He's been preparing himself for the job from the get go. I loved the thick binder!

Just watched it. Like him more than now. Like his parents. He will do well here.

Episode 2 tomorrow? My stupid DVR is recording every rerun (despite setting it to not do this) so I'm trying to sift through the trash AND make sure I didn't miss anything.

1st episodes air every Wednesdays on ESPNU 8pm ct

Episode 2 tomorrow? My stupid DVR is recording every rerun (despite setting it to not do this) so I'm trying to sift through the trash AND make sure I didn't miss anything.

Mine is too. I had like 23 episodes to go thru.

Mine is too. I had like 23 episodes to go thru.

Whoever made the TV Guide must have accidentally forgotten to mark them as re-runs, ouch.

Go Gophers!!

What a wonderful episode of my favorite show.

Today was an ELITE day.

I liked it when he said he didn't care if some people find RTB corny because he knows the intent behind the message.

The piece tonight where he talked about losing his son is really tremendous.
Really amazing stuff.

So much more than a football coach.

I wish PJ Fleck was my best friend. I'd be so motivated all the time. Truly a cool dude.

LOVED all the players showing the patients their coins

All Things &quot;Being P.J. Fleck&quot; ESPNU Documentary Series Thread

I wish PJ Fleck was my best friend. I'd be so motivated all the time. Truly a cool dude.

LOVED all the players showing the patients their coins

One of those players was Justin Juenemann and according to Gopher Twitter the patient who awarded Justin his scholarship was Kyle Tanner who was under the CMU blanket. Everything came full circle today from the tshirt cannon to the hospital visit in the episode. Pretty cool!

Did anyone notice the subtle Land O'Lakes butter product placement when they showed PJ and Heather making avacado toast? Smart endorsement for a Minnesota company that kick-started the big dollar contributions to the Athletes Village.

Did anyone notice the subtle Land O'Lakes butter product placement when they showed PJ and Heather making avacado toast? Smart endorsement for a Minnesota company that kick-started the big dollar contributions to the Athletes Village.

Yes I caught that too!

I was waiting to see a loaf of Country Hearth bread on the counter too :)

Top Bottom