"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

There are more than just the few some on here would like to believe that don't like PJ's style. That is why the mods had to remove an entire thread on here when too many started agreeing on things they didn't like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm sure that was the reason they removed it. Shouldn't they have remove this thread too? I'm sure it's some giant conspiracy to limit discussion so posters like you can't vent your frustrations with everything he does.

No, I just want you to realize that 10s of posters on a message board isn't "a lot". Clearly some aren't rooting for him and are rooting for him to fail. I just want you all to admit it and not act like this is some monumental thing never done before in college football.

I don't think your post was directed at me at all, but I just wanted to jump in. I think there's a lot of discussion going on (not atypical of a message board) where things are getting taken to extremes.

1. I am only mildly against the row the boat on the helmet. Not that big of a deal, but I don't like it. I wish it was more homegrown rather than something that our coach created when he was elsewhere. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though. The giant oars on the WMU jerseys were hideous though - everyone has to admit that - so hopefully we don't go that direction. If we do go that direction I'll still be cheering for the Gophers as hard as ever. I might not buy a jersey, but I will still cheer for my team.
2. I like Fleck overall. I think he could do great things here. I like the positivity and like the publicity he's generating for the program. I get a little turned off by the slogan-type stuff that he's always throwing around though. Even before the scandal ramped up last year, I said I would want Claeys back unless they could get a hotshot, young coach - namely Fleck.
3. Because I don't like the amount he uses slogans doesn't mean I wish for him to fail. I hope he is our coach for 30 years and wins 8 Rose Bowls and 4 National Championships.

I guess what I'm getting at is just because someone doesn't like the slogans or uniforms doesn't mean they are anti-Fleck or anti-Gophers.

You are entitled to be super excited about Fleck, just as others are entitled to take more of a wait-and-see approach.

Will be so glad when games start and we can debate something that matters

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Like which uni combo they should be wearing, or which sideline? You have some pretty lofty expectations there...:p

Yeah I'm sure that was the reason they removed it. Shouldn't they have remove this thread too? I'm sure it's some giant conspiracy to limit discussion so posters can't vent your frustrations with everything he does.

Do you have inside info on why it was removed JB? I remember the thread clearly (it is where that wonderful 4-5 theory was expressed) and there have been far bigger pissing matches in threads that have been left. Far bigger. What that thread had that made it unique was a majority tone that was negative toward our new coach (you can think all haters that wanted him to fail, if that helps you sleep better). Conspiracy? No. GH is still a great place to be able to voice your opinion - but I'm pretty sure I know why that thread was removed. I'm sure you know better.

Do you have inside info on why it was removed JB? I remember the thread clearly (it is where that wonderful 4-5 theory was expressed) and there have been far bigger pissing matches in threads that have been left. Far bigger. What that thread had that made it unique was a majority tone that was negative toward our new coach (you can think all haters that wanted him to fail, if that helps you sleep better). Conspiracy? No. GH is still a great place to be able to voice your opinion - but I'm pretty sure I know why that thread was removed. I'm sure you know better.

The thread was the same as the other giant pissing matches. It wasn't anymore negative or positive than the posts in the "gold mine" thread. I'm pretty sure they removed it long after any active discussion was going on but I could be wrong.

That slogan had a direct tie to the U, athletic department, and history of the football program.

No it didn't.
It was a stupid marketing gimmick that the U's video production team latched on to before the 2015 season.

I don't think your post was directed at me at all, but I just wanted to jump in. I think there's a lot of discussion going on (not atypical of a message board) where things are getting taken to extremes.

1. I am only mildly against the row the boat on the helmet. Not that big of a deal, but I don't like it. I wish it was more homegrown rather than something that our coach created when he was elsewhere. I'm not going to lose sleep over it though. The giant oars on the WMU jerseys were hideous though - everyone has to admit that - so hopefully we don't go that direction. If we do go that direction I'll still be cheering for the Gophers as hard as ever. I might not buy a jersey, but I will still cheer for my team.
2. I like Fleck overall. I think he could do great things here. I like the positivity and like the publicity he's generating for the program. I get a little turned off by the slogan-type stuff that he's always throwing around though. Even before the scandal ramped up last year, I said I would want Claeys back unless they could get a hotshot, young coach - namely Fleck.
3. Because I don't like the amount he uses slogans doesn't mean I wish for him to fail. I hope he is our coach for 30 years and wins 8 Rose Bowls and 4 National Championships.

I guess what I'm getting at is just because someone doesn't like the slogans or uniforms doesn't mean they are anti-Fleck or anti-Gophers.

You are entitled to be super excited about Fleck, just as others are entitled to take more of a wait-and-see approach.

1. I don't care either way but it was pretty obvious it was going to be on the helmets at least. I too am not a fan of some of the uniforms put out by WMU, especially the brown or white ones with the giant oars on the back. Gobie (247 Mod) said Fleck wasn't a big fan of some of the uniforms and it was pushed by Adidas. Not sure if I believe that or not but we'll see next year.

I think I've said this quite a bit but I don't care if you like Fleck or not. What I don't like is posters using things like this and pretending like something similar didn't happen under the last regime. Like another poster said, this is just another proxy war thread where posters pretend they have a huge issue with this but the truth is they never liked him from the start. They would have been fine putting with previous regime putting something on the helmet IMO. I think it goes back to the Coyle/Claeys situation. Maybe it's just a giant coincidence that the same posters that were super against Claeys being fired take issue with a lot of the things Fleck does or doesn't do. IMO they'll feel vindicated if he doesn't succeed here. I just want people to live in truth either way.

Like a great man once said:

“We want to make sure we live in truth always and that we’re very honest and transparent in everything we do.”

See post #115.

When he started it, it had nothing to do with Memorial Stadium.

Here's a quote:

Well, everywhere I’ve gone we’ve had a little bit different motto, and we try to fit it to the program. And when I took the job I said this one is like building a house, we are going to have to do this one brick by brick. ... And it’s just caught on. It’s been our brand, so to speak. It’s been good. I think we’ve laid some good bricks and I think we have the foundation down on the house.

1. I don't care either way but it was pretty obvious it was going to be on the helmets at least. I too am not a fan of some of the uniforms put out by WMU, especially the brown or white ones with the giant oars on the back. Gobie (247 Mod) said Fleck wasn't a big fan of some of the uniforms and it was pushed by Adidas. Not sure if I believe that or not but we'll see next year.

I think I've said this quite a bit but I don't care if you like Fleck or not. What I don't like is posters using things like this and pretending like something similar didn't happen under the last regime. Like another poster said, this is just another proxy war thread where posters pretend they have a huge issue with this but the truth is they never liked him from the start. They would have been fine putting with previous regime putting something on the helmet IMO. I think it goes back to the Coyle/Claeys situation. Maybe it's just a giant coincidence that the same posters that were super against Claeys being fired take issue with a lot of the things Fleck does or doesn't do. IMO they'll feel vindicated if he doesn't succeed here. I just want people to live in truth either way.

“We want to make sure we live in truth always and that we’re very honest and transparent in everything we do.”

If he didn't like them, why would he approve of them? His vision is very clear and I would think he wouldn't allow things he was not 100% ok with. As you said, guess we'll find out in a year.

I shouldn't do this, but what the bleep:

one more time I will try to explain how I feel. I just don't like Fleck. It's not based on any one thing. It's certainly not based on three words on a helmet. I just don't like the guy.

Haven't any of you ever met someone, and you just didn't like them? Could be a variety of reasons why.

With Fleck, it's a combination of everything - the hyper personality, the slogans, all of it. he just rubs me the wrong way.

And here's the thing - I am a huge Golden Gopher Football Fan. I love Gopher Football. I want to see the team and the program succeed. but now, I am facing the reality that a program I love is being led by a person who just turns me off. That is a huge conflict for me. I want to like the Gopher Coach, and generally I have. When I have had issues with prior coaches, it was over coaching decisions - offensive and defensive schemes, etc. It was football-based, not personality-based.

That's where I'm at. I'm being as honest as I can.

And I honestly don't know what I'm going to do this fall. I am seriously thinking about not watching the games. That is how much Fleck turns me off - that I would not watch a Gopher Game.

If this makes no sense to any of you, so be it. I'm not sure it makes sense to me. it's just how I feel. I just can't stand the guy.

This is how I feel as well. A lifetime of going to games from Memorial Stadium as a little kid (my first memory is watching Marion Barber against Illinois), and this is the first coach that really bugs me. Now I know how a couple of friends of mine felt about Bielema - they loved their program and winning, but just never felt great about it when he was the coach.

I hope I feel different after time, but the Elite, #HYPPR, #FAMILY, #RTB...

JB, you have no idea what is in any posters heart, nor do they owe you or anyone else what their true feelings are. Personally, I have stated before, I am not a big Rah Rah guy and don't even know what the hell RTB is supposed to mean, but by no means am I wishing Fleck or the Gophers to fail. I don't care for the style of President Trump either, but I sure don't want him to fail.

I'm kinda partial to . . . "GYDCH", or Get your daggam chili hot, buy Row the Boat works!

"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

JB, you have no idea what is in any posters heart, nor do they owe you or anyone else what their true feelings are. Personally, I have stated before, I am not a big Rah Rah guy and don't even know what the hell RTB is supposed to mean, but by no means am I wishing Fleck or the Gophers to fail. I don't care for the style of President Trump either, but I sure don't want him to fail.

The post you quoted is as rich as they come. JB makes up flat out lies on here with alarming consistency and is now calling for folks to "live in truth". Even richer - his "honesty" is what he thinks is the case (by his own admission). Some things in life you just can't make up.

Sincere question for SON and others. Has anyone actually met PJ in person and talked with him?

I could not find any responses. So am I to assume most of us are drawing conclusions and making assumptions about a person based on his interviews and an ESPN series? Seems pretty rational. Also, what is called "research" to Reusse.

I could not find any responses. So am I to assume most of us are drawing conclusions and making assumptions about a person based on his interviews and an ESPN series? Seems pretty rational. Also, what is called "research" to Reusse.

Took this picture with Fleck on national signing day. Was less than one minute lol. Fleck is a endless ball of energy. Yet he was nice to take a quick picture with me. He didnt have to but he did. I wont forget that.

One thing everyone says about Fleck is that he is the same person in private as he is in public. So, I'm not sure why meeting him in person would change my opinion.

Look - I'm not saying he's the devil, or the Unabomber. I'm just saying he's too over-the-top for my taste. It's the whole package - the speed talking, slogans, elite, etc. Now, if I met him in person, I'm not going to go up to him and say "I don't like you." I would treat him with respect. But as far as drawing conclusions - I think we've all seen and heard enough from Fleck to have a pretty good sense of what he's like as a person and what his personality is like. That's what I'm reacting to.

There are a lot of people we form conclusions about without ever meeting them in person. Now, if someone is a completely different person in private or a 1-on-1 situation compared to how they act in public, then maybe you might change your opinion about that person. But, as everyone says, Fleck is like that 24/7 - in private or in public. This is who he is. And even Fleck himself says "I'm not for everyone." Fleck understands some people are not going to respond to his approach.

The bottom line - my feelings or opinions about Fleck are mine. If you think Fleck is the greatest thing since sliced bread, good for you. We just don't agree. I am a fanatical Springsteen fan. If you don't like Springsteen, that's your business. It doesn't bother me.

Thanks for buying Fleck's slogan from us for six figures so we could get it removed from everywhere in our football facilities-equipment.

We now have a coach who actually relates to-uses our university's traditions, not his own.

Enjoy.

Thanks for buying Fleck's slogan from us for six figures so we could get it removed from everywhere in our football facilities-equipment.

We now have a coach who actually relates to-uses our university's traditions, not his own.

Enjoy.

It was $50,000 for a scholarship endowment.

Yeah I'm sure "Let's Ride" is a greatly established university tradition.

Enjoy.

I'm honestly interested in your thoughts on this. After years at WMU, did the majority of the fans you know consider RTB to be about the football team or about PJF. I'm sure many here won't give your answer much thought, but you do have a different perspective than any of us having already gone through this (exact) branding.

Enjoy.

I'm honestly interested in your thoughts on this. After years at WMU, did the majority of the fans you know consider RTB to be about the football team or about PJF. I'm sure many here won't give your answer much thought, but you do have a different perspective than any of us having already gone through this (exact) branding.

Um, bitter. WMU's last chance at glory is now gone.

FYI, 20 page thread on helmet, 6 page thread on practice.

Doesn't mean he's bitter that PJ left. It means he values the university over PJ Fleck's personal brand. This is the only issue many on here have with PJ - it's not about the U, it's all about him.

Doesn't mean he's bitter that PJ left. It means he values the university over PJ Fleck's personal brand. This is the only issue many on here have with PJ - it's not about the U, it's all about him.

Yeah, I haven't seen him promote the U of M once. I don't think he's ever said Ski-U-Mah either and talked about how Minnesota is a sleeping giant. All about him 100% of the time.

Yeah, I haven't seen him promote the U of M once. I don't think he's ever said Ski-U-Mah either and talked about how Minnesota is a sleeping giant. All about him 100% of the time.

Pretty much is. And, by the way, do you do anything other than live on Gopherhole. You respond within seconds to posts.

Also, looking back at your quote about Kill and Brick by Brick. The key part of that quote you seemed to miss is: "... we try to fit it into the program." That's the big difference between what Kill did, and what Fleck doing - there was at least an attempt to make it part of the program, embracing the history.

I'm done talking about it... just hard to support the guy as I believe he is just self-centered and insincere. It's much like it was hard for some of my friends who are UW fans to support Bielama. They loved the winning, hated supporting him.

The only thing you have right in this post is many here have an issue with Fleck.

The notion that its all about him is made up in your mind nonsense.

<b>The only thing you have right in this post is many here have an issue with Fleck. </b>

The notion that its all about him is made up in your mind nonsense.

And that a bunch of the lifelong Gopher fans on here actually want PJF to fail. Don't forget that part - it is critical in supporting the nonsense.

&quot;Row the Boat&quot; Added to the Gold Helmet

And that a bunch of the lifelong Gopher fans on here actually want PJF to fail. Don't forget that part - it is critical in supporting the nonsense.

At least one proclaimed life long Gopher fan finally admitted as much.

Top Bottom