"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

It only stays as long as Fleck is a Gopher, which in a weird way makes him bigger than the program. Honestly, it makes me want to puke! Could you imagine and traditional powerhouse school adding this to their helmet? Of course not!

I am not a fan of this. Also, I do not approve of the uniform change after this year. Even though the current uniform design is relatively new, it has a traditional look with a lot of staying power. I'm guessing if Fleck gets his way the look will make me puke as much as the uniforms in the Wacker era did.

You guys all had the same problem with brick by brick on the gold helmets, right?

I love this. We need more RTB and oars on our helmets, jerseys, pants, shoes, gloves, etc. We can do away with any mention of Minnesota if need be. #RTB #RowsBowl #AllAboutMN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7470845.PNG

You guys all had the same problem with brick by brick on the gold helmets, right?

That slogan had a direct tie to the U, athletic department, and history of the football program.

A fair question! And now Brick by Brick is gone and Row the Boat will be gone as well, someday. I guess in twenty years we can fondly watch highlights of the Holiday bowl with Brick by Brick on the helmets and wonder what the hell we were doing. I hope we can watch some highlights of many Rose Bowls with Row the Boat smeared on our jerseys.

I think we should do away with the Block M on the 50 yard line and replace it with FAMILY.

I love this. We need more RTB and oars on our helmets, jerseys, pants, shoes, gloves, etc. We can do away with any mention of Minnesota if need be. #RTB #RowsBowl #AllAboutMN

+1. all in, let's row the boat!!

It only stays as long as Fleck is a Gopher, which in a weird way makes him bigger than the program. Honestly, it makes me want to puke! Could you imagine and traditional powerhouse school adding this to their helmet? Of course not!

I can't. But I can imagine a traditional bottom feeder doing it. And that's pretty much where we are.

A fair question! And now Brick by Brick is gone and Row the Boat will be gone as well, someday. I guess in twenty years we can fondly watch highlights of the Holiday bowl with Brick by Brick on the helmets and wonder what the hell we were doing. I hope we can watch some highlights of many Rose Bowls with Row the Boat smeared on our jerseys.

Fleck will only be 56 then, he should still be coaching here.

I'm too young to remember a lot of Gopher football and I guess I've lived in the "golden age" which has been pretty depressing overall.

I am all in with Fleck but this is stupid and cheap. Felt the same way about Brick by Brick (which has since become a sort of mantra for the athletic department so whatever) and am pretty sure this will not add fans. I don't care if its said a lot, but should we put ELITE on helmets?

Would a stronger AD and/or President have stopped this from happening?

Yeah I'm sure 'ol Country Jerry came out and said it had something to do with Memorial Stadium. You mind sending me a link of him talking about it?

It's called marketing. Anyone who knows Gopher football history got the tie-in and connection immediately.

No it didn't. Kill had no clue. Someone in the marketing department probably told him about it and he went with it as his idea.

Even if true, how would that prove it had no tie-in to MN Football? No one ever claimed Kill came up with it just that it had a tie-in to our history. Got it now?

Row The Boat has something to do with Ski-U-Mah because it all started when boys yelled after they won a boat race. Clear connection right there.

Even if true, how would that prove it had no tie-in to MN Football? No one ever claimed Kill came up with it just that it had a tie-in to our history. Got it now?

Brick by Brick had no tie in to Memorial Stadium. Simply a coincidence.

Can't say I'm enthusiastic about this, but I'm also not concerned.

If PJ can win games then great, if not then nothing lost.

Row The Boat has something to do with Ski-U-Mah because it all started when boys yelled after they won a boat race. Clear connection right there.

Clearly the 1884 rugby team is bigger than the program

Top Bottom