"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

Only difference is that Kill did not bring "brick by brick" with him from a previous school. As far as I know, it was unique to MN. can't say the same thing about "RTB." It's like getting hand-me down clothes from your older brother as opposed to getting something new.

Tennessee uses brick by brick as well. I know, semantics....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only difference is that Kill did not bring "brick by brick" with him from a previous school. As far as I know, it was unique to MN. can't say the same thing about "RTB." It's like getting hand-me down clothes from your older brother as opposed to getting something new.

Brick By Brick was NOT unique to Minnesota. I believe they had to quit using it as the University of Tennessee had been using it and decided to re-institute it. Or, the U of M had to scale it WAY back at least.

Jerry's slogan 'Brick by Brick' was on the helmets as well. Why do some people have a double standard now that PJ has literally done the exact same thing? Where was the outrage when Kill did it? I understand if people don't like RTB on the helmets....but then the same people should have been pissed about BbB as well.

Put it on the helmet in the same location as Brick by Brick then. The back of the helmet. Leave it off the stripe

Put it on the helmet in the same location as Brick by Brick then. The back of the helmet. Leave it off the stripe

What's the difference? Why is it okay on the back, but so abhorrent on the stripe?

What's the difference? Why is it okay on the back, but so abhorrent on the stripe?

Just a personal preference. I think it looks stupid there.
If PJ were hired at Michigan, would they be ok with it on their helmet? Doubt it.

Just a personal preference. I think it looks stupid there.
If PJ were hired at Michigan, would they be ok with it on their helmet? Doubt it.

Who cares? We're not Michigan. What works for them may not work for us. And vice versa.

"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

Nm

Who cares? We're not Michigan. What works for them may not work for us. And vice versa.

True we aren't Michigan.
As far as people caring, I believe the poll shows that there are people who do care.
As I said above, it's my own personal opinion. I think it makes our uni's/helmet look cheap when we are putting slogans on our helmet other than if it were on the back or on the front by facemask. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to uni's and there design. I like the look we have. It has nothing to do with who the coach is, I just think they are clean and very nice looking. Many combinations that can be mix and matched. Keep it that way. Make some minor adjustments, but keep the slogans/oars off of them. I will never be ok with crap like that on the uni's. Doesn't mean I won't support the team, watch the games or want anyone to fail.

Business in front, party in the back is country. Party in front, business in the back is emo. Then, there's Quinn Coughlin.

In this case I don't think location matters. People who think it's PJ's personal branding are going to hate it; people who buy into the message and the personality love it.

True we aren't Michigan.
As far as people caring, I believe the poll shows that there are people who do care.
As I said above, it's my own personal opinion. I think it makes our uni's/helmet look cheap when we are putting slogans on our helmet other than if it were on the back or on the front by facemask. I'm more of a traditionalist when it comes to uni's and there design. I like the look we have. It has nothing to do with who the coach is, I just think they are clean and very nice looking. Many combinations that can be mix and matched. Keep it that way. Make some minor adjustments, but keep the slogans/oars off of them. I will never be ok with crap like that on the uni's. Doesn't mean I won't support the team, watch the games or want anyone to fail.

Again, my "who cares" comment was in reference to Michigan. As in "who cares if Michigan wouldn't do this?"

Many people. It's stupid. Had nothing to do with The U, and is way too prominent. It's just dumb and makes the program look stupid.

Many people. It's stupid. Had nothing to do with The U, and is way too prominent. It's just dumb and makes the program look stupid.

For like the 5th time, my comment was about bringing up Michigan to begin with. That's fine if you and others dislike it. But I think the reason "Michigan wouldn't do this" is not a good one.

Check out the poll. Lots of people care about the Gopher's uniforms.

Check out the poll. Lots of people care about the Gopher's uniforms.

I WILL TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME (MAYBE CAPS WILL HELP GET THE POINT ACROSS :rolleyes:). MY "WHO CARES" COMMENT WAS ABOUT BRINGING UP MICHIGAN. CARE ABOUT THE GOPHER'S UNIFORMS ALL YOU WANT. THAT'S FINE. BUT WHY SHOULD WE CARE IF MICHIGAN WOULDN'T DO SOMETHING? WE'RE NOT MICHIGAN.

I WILL TRY THIS ONE MORE TIME (MAYBE CAPS WILL HELP GET THE POINT ACROSS :rolleyes:). MY "WHO CARES" COMMENT WAS ABOUT BRINGING UP MICHIGAN. CARE ABOUT THE GOPHER'S UNIFORMS ALL YOU WANT. THAT'S FINE. BUT WHY SHOULD WE CARE IF MICHIGAN WOULDN'T DO SOMETHING? WE'RE NOT MICHIGAN.

Michigan wouldn't use all caps. (Running away quickly now).

Back away from the cliff....slowly...

Did you check the poll yet?

That slogan had a direct tie to the U, athletic department, and history of the football program.

Correct. This is all about fleck. Reminds me of kind of crap Brewster would do[emoji20]. Needs to shut up until he proves himself.

It only stays as long as Fleck is a Gopher, which in a weird way makes him bigger than the program. Honestly, it makes me want to puke! Could you imagine and traditional powerhouse school adding this to their helmet? Of course not!

I agree. See Michigan or OSU doing rinkydink stunts? Just play football

True we aren't Michigan.

You are 100% correct. Don't need crap phrases on the uniforms. Have some class. That's part of the success of Michigan. Consistently class act

Top Bottom