"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

Please point me to that post. If you are talking about SONs post, you may want to reread what he said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No need to. It's been obvious for the last 7 months.

At least one proclaimed life long Gopher fan finally admitted as much.

Please point me to that post. If you are talking about SONs post, you may want to reread what he said.

Pretty much is. And, by the way, do you do anything other than live on Gopherhole. You respond within seconds to posts.

Also, looking back at your quote about Kill and Brick by Brick. The key part of that quote you seemed to miss is: "... we try to fit it into the program." That's the big difference between what Kill did, and what Fleck doing - there was at least an attempt to make it part of the program, embracing the history.

I'm done talking about it... just hard to support the guy as I believe he is just self-centered and insincere. It's much like it was hard for some of my friends who are UW fans to support Bielama. They loved the winning, hated supporting him.

His quote had nothing to do with Memorial Stadium. Not sure why you and others keep trying to say it had something to do with it when it first started.

Just don't support him and the program, not hard.

The only thing you have right in this post is many here have an issue with Fleck.

The notion that its all about him is made up in your mind nonsense.

No, you just seem to believe all he does is perfect. Not all of us are just blindly and enthusiastically following the new coach. He has no cultural credibility established here, he has done nothing, and he is slamming his culture down people's throats. Some, like you, are ok with that. Some aren't. Get over it. Great leaders take a more balanced approach, and do a more effective job of honoring what was in place than he has done, in my opinion. That's it.

Do I hope he's successful for the sake of the program and the many years I have followed it? Yes. Will I support him personally? Not right now, but we'll see, if I sense any type of sincerity over time.

I'm honestly interested in your thoughts on this. After years at WMU, did the majority of the fans you know consider RTB to be about the football team or about PJF. I'm sure many here won't give your answer much thought, but you do have a different perspective than any of us having already gone through this (exact) branding.

You're right - this guy might have an interesting perspective. I would also liked to have known his thoughts on everything about 9 months ago. He obviously was hurt enough by being abandoned by Fleck that he took the time to find this board, create a moniker, and begin trolling. My guess is that he was about the biggest PJF supporter until he wasn't.

His quote had nothing to do with Memorial Stadium. Not sure why you and others keep trying to say it had something to do with it when it first started.

Just don't support him and the program, not hard.

Dude, I have likely been going to games and supporting the program more years than you have. I don't have to like PJ to support the program. And, I just cited Kill's quote that you posted. It was related to the program and Memorial Stadium. Just get over it.

The Row the Boat and all the other verbiage is just stupid. You like it - fine. Many not close to the program are just laughing at him. The response will be that if he wins many will follow. Great. I won't like him any more, but I still will support the university.

"Row the Boat" Added to the Gold Helmet

No, you just seem to believe all he does is perfect. Not all of us are just blindly and enthusiastically following the new coach. He has no cultural credibility established here, he has done nothing, and he is slamming his culture down people's throats. Some, like you, are ok with that. Some aren't. Get over it. Great leaders take a more balanced approach, and do a more effective job of honoring what was in place than he has done, in my opinion. That's it.

Do I hope he's successful for the sake of the program and the many years I have followed it? Yes. Will I support him personally? Not right now, but we'll see, if I sense any type of sincerity over time.

Hate to break it you but I don't think everything Fleck does is perfect nor do I follow him blindly.

I am just not part of group complaining about his attempt to establish his culture at the U. I really have no problem with it.

Hate to break it you but I don't think everything Fleck does is perfect nor do I follow him blindly.

Did you make this known when you were talking to The U on their RTB thoughts recently?

Did you make this known when you were talking to The U on their RTB thoughts recently?

Yes - yes I did

No need to. It's been obvious for the last 7 months.

This was my failed attempt #23 for someone to show me a regular poster on here that wants the team to fail this year.

I just not part of group complaining about his attempt to establish his culture. I really have no problem with it so if anyone has anything to get over it's you.

Then let other people not like it. What's your issue? I'm also fine with him establishing a new culture, but it doesn't mean I have to like his approach. I think it's dumb, and just don't think he is a really likable guy. Some people will like it, some won't. Some recruits will, some won't. I know two local recruits who have met PJ, one thought he was great, and the other thought he was obnoxious. That's what I think you get with him, and how he even defines himself. No different than any other coach. He's just the first one we've had that I really don't like.

Regarding Row the Boat, I just think it's all PJ. Come up with a slogan that's unique to the university and our program, not one that was all over another program just months ago and that is your personal brand. It makes the program about PJ more than the University. That's my only frustration with it. We'll see, maybe he'll grow on me positively, but he's gone the other direction over time thus far.

Dude, I have likely been going to games and supporting the program more years than you have. I don't have to like PJ to support the program. And, I just cited Kill's quote that you posted. It was related to the program and Memorial Stadium. Just get over it.

The Row the Boat and all the other verbiage is just stupid. You like it - fine. Many not close to the program are just laughing at him. The response will be that if he wins many will follow. Great. I won't like him any more, but I still will support the university.

He clearly stated that it had to do with rebuilding the program. Not sure why you cut off the rest of the quote. In no way did he mention or imply anything about Memorial Stadium.

"He clearly stated that it had to do with rebuilding the program. Not sure why you cut off the rest of the quote. In no way did he mention or imply anything about Memorial Stadium."

Are you really that dense? C'mon, you're not, so quit playing it that way just to try to win an argument. I'm not going back and forth on this anymore

This was my failed attempt #23 for someone to show me a regular poster on here that wants the team to fail this year.

Nothing failed. It's rather clear that particular poster would like to see Fleck fail.

Nothing failed. It's rather clear that particular poster would like to see Fleck fail.

Yeah, keep going down that road. You have no clue what you are talking about. I could give you a list a mile long that shows my support of this football team dating back decades. Season tickets, road trips, donations, pep rallies, etc., etc. To imply that I would want them to fail because I don't like the style of our coach (a coach I am delighted to have here) exposes your ignorance more than anything I could possibly say. Tool.

I understand both sides of the Row the boat argument. However I disagree with anyone who says he's all about himself. He's been promoting the program, the university, the TC and state very hard.

Also, if Fleck wasn't so high energy, quirky, etc. would the and the program be getting so much publicity?

I understand both sides of the Row the boat argument. However I disagree with anyone who says he's all about himself. He's been promoting the program, the university, the TC and state very hard.

Also, if Fleck wasn't so high energy, quirky, etc. would the and the program be getting so much publicity?

have you seen the RTB ads? How many players are in them?

If you're talking about me, I said I don't like Fleck's personality. I never said I want to see him "fail." I want to see the Gopher Football program succeed. That holds true whether the coach is named Tracy Claeys, PJ Fleck or Elmer Fudd.

Do I wish the Gophers had a different coach - or a coach with a different personality? Yes. I have also said I could live with Fleck if he just turned the volume down by about 10 or 15%. Just say "elite" once every 15 minutes instead of once every minute. (may be exaggerating there....)

If Fleck fails, that means the Gopher team fails. I will get no satisfaction from that.

You guys all had the same problem with brick by brick on the gold helmets, right?

A small sticker or the tab behind the helmet works. This looks like crap and it is very overdone. Take the names off the jersey and put it there next? Team comes out in a big ship with them rowing to the bench?

A small sticker or the tab behind the helmet works. This looks like crap and it is very overdone. Take the names off the jersey and put it there next? Team comes out in a big ship with them rowing to the bench?

It was literally in the same spot on the gold helmet for a period of time.

My wife pointed out yesterday that Row The Boat might be self serving to Fleck. Also, she pointed out that the Gophers use to wave a giant flag that said JERRYSOTA when Kill was the coach. Kill did a ton for this program but lets not forget that sometimes, it is about the coach in college football.

My wife pointed out yesterday that Row The Boat might be self serving to Fleck. Also, she pointed out that the Gophers use to wave a giant flag that said JERRYSOTA when Kill was the coach. Kill did a ton for this program but lets not forget that sometimes, it is about the coach in college football.

Make a flag with RTB on it then. No problem with that. Just keep it off the unis.

have you seen the RTB ads? How many players are in them?

I'm talking about what PJ Fleck does. Do you really think he decides what goes on those ads? Fleck himself promotes the heck out of the program, university, etc.

This isn't unusual for the first year of a head coach. He's new and exciting. The marketing dept is trying to take advantage of it. The U did the same thing when Tubby Smith was hired. Tubby was everywhere on ads.

I'm talking about what PJ Fleck does. <b>Do you really think he decides what goes on those ads? </b>Fleck himself promotes the heck out of the program, university, etc.

Do you really think the U puts out Gopher FB ads without PJs input?

Considering we're talking about the University of Minnesota's marketing department, Yes, I can believe that they put out ads without any coordination between the different parties involved. I'm just happy they are putting out ads. Some years, you could go through the entire summer and not see a single ad about Gopher football. It was like they were embarrassed to suggest that people might want to think about buying tickets.

Ha. I suppose. I'm glad they are putting out ads as well, but don't believe they are doing so w/o PJ's involvement. PJ is way too engaged and detailed to allow that. IMO.

Considering we're talking about the University of Minnesota's marketing department, Yes, I can believe that they put out ads without any coordination between the different parties involved. I'm just happy they are putting out ads. Some years, you could go through the entire summer and not see a single ad about Gopher football. It was like they were embarrassed to suggest that people might want to think about buying tickets.

Make a flag with RTB on it then. No problem with that. Just keep it off the unis.

Jerry's slogan 'Brick by Brick' was on the helmets as well. Why do some people have a double standard now that PJ has literally done the exact same thing? Where was the outrage when Kill did it? I understand if people don't like RTB on the helmets....but then the same people should have been pissed about BbB as well.

Jerry's slogan 'Brick by Brick' was on the helmets as well. Why do some people have a double standard now that PJ has literally done the exact same thing? Where was the outrage when Kill did it? I understand if people don't like RTB on the helmets....but then the same people should have been pissed about BbB as well.

Only difference is that Kill did not bring "brick by brick" with him from a previous school. As far as I know, it was unique to MN. can't say the same thing about "RTB." It's like getting hand-me down clothes from your older brother as opposed to getting something new.

I'm sure he does. But there's a big difference between providing input and running the campaign. It's a no brainer for the marketing dept to run with the Fleck popularity.

Again, I think this happens a lot when a new coach is hired.

Only difference is that Kill did not bring "brick by brick" with him from a previous school. As far as I know, it was unique to MN. can't say the same thing about "RTB." It's like getting hand-me down clothes from your older brother as opposed to getting something new.

He should put Nekton Mentality on the helmets.

Top Bottom