Shama: P.J. Fleck Talks QB, Team Record

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Fleck isn’t predicting the team’s final record this season. “I think we have 42, 43 lettermen coming back, which makes us one of the least experienced teams in the country,” he said. “We have a new offense, new defense, new special teams, completely new culture, new way of doing things. Twenty-two (injured) guys who (can) have an impact that are out and we still haven’t seen what they can do, or how they implement with our system.

“Those aren’t excuses, those are just facts. We could go 12-0, or 0-12. I’m not worried about the ‘W’ or the ‘L’—what that looks like. I’m worried about this team doing everything they can to become their best and reach their maximum potential.”

Fleck and the staff take a comprehensive approach to educating their players in subjects that go far beyond the fundamentals of football. Those topics range from dating to yoga to Pilates.

True to his energetic style, Fleck stood at a podium when he talked to the media yesterday. Former Gophers head coaches Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys sat at a table as they made remarks and answered questions.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

per Shama:

Fleck isn’t predicting the team’s final record this season. “I think we have 42, 43 lettermen coming back, which makes us one of the least experienced teams in the country,” he said. “We have a new offense, new defense, new special teams, completely new culture, new way of doing things. Twenty-two (injured) guys who (can) have an impact that are out and we still haven’t seen what they can do, or how they implement with our system.

“Those aren’t excuses, those are just facts. We could go 12-0, or 0-12. I’m not worried about the ‘W’ or the ‘L’—what that looks like. I’m worried about this team doing everything they can to become their best and reach their maximum potential.”

Fleck and the staff take a comprehensive approach to educating their players in subjects that go far beyond the fundamentals of football. Those topics range from dating to yoga to Pilates.

True to his energetic style, Fleck stood at a podium when he talked to the media yesterday. Former Gophers head coaches Jerry Kill and Tracy Claeys sat at a table as they made remarks and answered questions.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

I get that he's trying to tamper expectations but to say we could go 0-12 is ridiculous! If he does I will be the first one signing the petition to have him canned and penning Ruesse that he's right and I was wrong. I'm a fan of PJF but I'm not a fan of trying to say this team is talent poor. 5-8 wins is expected in my opinion. New QB, new defense, new coaches, new culture. Less than that is disappointing. No wins should earn him a spot in the unemployment line. I don't believe that PJF thinks we will go winless either. He should say so.

I get that he's trying to tamper expectations but to say we could go 0-12 is ridiculous! If he does I will be the first one signing the petition to have him canned and penning Ruesse that he's right and I was wrong. I'm a fan of PJF but I'm not a fan of trying to say this team is talent poor. 5-8 wins is expected in my opinion. New QB, new defense, new coaches, new culture. Less than that is disappointing. No wins should earn him a spot in the unemployment line. I don't believe that PJF thinks we will go winless either. He should say so.
I'll be disappointed in 0-12 too, but you might want to consider he said they could go 0-12 in literally the same sentence that he said they could go 12-0.

He is 100% correct when he implies winning and losing is a symptom not a diagnosis. Record does not and will not ever tell the whole story for a team, any team, ever.

I'll be disappointed in 0-12 too, but you might want to consider he said they could go 0-12 in literally the same sentence that he said they could go 12-0.

He is 100% correct when he implies winning and losing is a symptom not a diagnosis. Record does not and will not ever tell the whole story for a team, any team, ever.

of the two, I'd be more disappointed with 0-12.

He can downplay record as much as he wants, but enough wins to be bowl eligible buys you another month to make your best better and your culture more sustainable going forward so 6 regular season wins better be the bottom end of what you find acceptable by any measure. My guess is that he is safe from loosing his job for this year no matter what but if he goes less than 6 wins with this team he should expect the same treatment in the press Pitino got two years ago with everyone second guessing everything and I don't think that would help get guys to buy in to his system.

PJF could go 0-12 this year and wear just underwear on the sidelines and he wouldn't be fired at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PJF could go 0-12 this year and wear just underwear on the sidelines and he wouldn't be fired at the end.

But what if he went 0-12 and didn't wear just underwear on the sidelines?

Just beat Sconnie this season! :cool03:

Yeah, if we go 1-11 that win better be against Wisconsin. Tired of eating that **** sandwich with all my Sconnie friends every year...way to long.

If we're oh and whatever heading into Wisc, that means PJ has lost the team and we have no chance of beating them.
I don't believe that will be the case and we will have a chance to win back the axe if we play well. I thought that in most of the past 13 years, but things just didn't go that way.

I really don't mind if he goes 0-12 as long as the groundwork is being laid to a successful program 3-4 years from now with a respectable program men and women can be proud off. This is year one and wins and losses are just a symptom.

0-12 comment was I'm sure made in jest. Amazing how it gets blown up. I was more interested in the reaction of the former Gopher coaches.

I really don't mind if he goes 0-12 as long as the groundwork is being laid to a successful program 3-4 years from now with a respectable program men and women can be proud off. This is year one and wins and losses are just a symptom.

Your inanity is boundless.

Top Bottom