Shama: Former Gopher RB Jeff Jones is headed to Fullerton College

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Shama:

Jeff Jones, the 2013 prep Mr. Football in Minnesota and ex-Gopher running back and wide receiver, is headed to Fullerton College, a California community college, according to Giovan Jenkins who was his head coach at Washburn High School. Jenkins told Sports Headliners he spoke to Jones recently about his plan.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Here is hoping he can turn it all around and make some good choices.

I wonder how much eligibility he has left? He started college in 2014, which would suggest he has through 2018 to play. But, it's possible he wasn't enrolled as a full-time student in the fall of 2014, which would give him through 2019 to play.

Can Jeff Jones have a recipe for success? I'm not sure what the legal process has in store for him, but he's been given ample chances, and he's not been able to get over the hump.
Perhaps a couple years of hard knocks and knowing he is near the end of the line will be an inspiration. Everyone needs a mentor. I hope that Jeff finds a good one.
I'm hopeful he has success at Fullterton and is able to get another chance at a D1 school. For his sake, hopefully it is with a coach with a super short leash. Utah sounds good.

If I were to give him honest advice it would be to not waste too much time or effort at this point in general college. With his record I think a better bet for gainful employment for him would be to learn a trade. Welding school or something along those lines where you can make a good living and get hired even with some blemishes in your past.

A cautionary tale for those 9th, 10th, 11th graders. Take care of your business. Keep your nose clean. Watch out who you associate with.

I've never been as excited to see a player take the field as I was for the uber-talented Jeff. Then the ominous signs began. Then the position change. Then the transfer to Iowa Western. Then the criminal charges.

This kid could have had it all.

A cautionary tale for those 9th, 10th, 11th graders. Take care of your business. Keep your nose clean. Watch out who you associate with.

I've never been as excited to see a player take the field as I was for the uber-talented Jeff. Then the ominous signs began. Then the position change. Then the transfer to Iowa Western. Then the criminal charges.

IF some of the rumors about drug problems were true, than there are hundreds of thousands people in all walks of life, who threw their lives away to drug or alcohol addictions.

Even worse, the uncounted millions who watched their sons, daughters, spouses and loved ones fall into the grips of addiction.

Gotta hope that this time he gets ahead of it.

The odds though, are not in his favor.

nasa was dead set that this guy was a heisman candidate. he threw temper tantrums and called names whenever someone said he wasn't going to be that good.

IF some of the rumors about drug problems were true, than there are hundreds of thousands people in all walks of life, who threw their lives away to drug or alcohol addictions.

Even worse, the uncounted millions who watched their sons, daughters, spouses and loved ones fall into the grips of addiction.

Gotta hope that this time he gets ahead of it.

The odds though, are not in his favor.

I've never heard of him having an addiction problem, I think it was/is more of a drug dealing/gang affiliation problem.

Jeff Jones was by far the most excited I've ever been to see a gopher football/basketball recruit or Vikings/T-wolves draft pick play ever. When he posted on Facebook his acceptance letter from the U in the summer, I felt like I won the lottery.

Top Bottom