7. Iowa (10-8)
8. Penn State (9-9)
9. Wisconsin (9-9)
10. Indiana (8-10)
11. Illinois (6-12)
12. Ohio State (5-13)
13. Rutgers (4-14)
14. Nebraska (3-15)

NCAA (8): Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State (Last 4 In), Purdue

NIT (2): Indiana, Wisconsin (First 4 Out)

Can't ditch the feeling that Wisconsin will make the tournament and finish in the top 6 of the conference (if not top 4). I know there is zero evidence to suggest such a finish, but I think it will happen. Probably a combination of Wisconsin over achieving and a number of the top teams under achieving (hopefully that won't include Minnesota).

Can't ditch the feeling that Wisconsin will make the tournament and finish in the top 6 of the conference (if not top 4). I know there is zero evidence to suggest such a finish, but I think it will happen. Probably a combination of Wisconsin over achieving and a number of the top teams under achieving (hopefully that won't include Minnesota).

Am definitely leery not tabbing Badgers for NCAA Tournament. Never count them out. There's a reason they're 1 of only 5 programs to appear in every NCAA Tournament since 2000.

That said, Happ is gonna' need some help.

Now that the B1G schedule has been released:

1. Michigan State (15-3)
2. Purdue (13-5)
3. Minnesota (12-6)
4. Northwestern (11-7)
5. Michigan (11-7)
6. Maryland (10-8)
7. Iowa (10-8)
8. Penn State (9-9)
9. Wisconsin (9-9)
10. Indiana (8-10)
11. Illinois (6-12)
12. Ohio State (5-13)
13. Rutgers (4-14)
14. Nebraska (3-15)

NCAA (8): Iowa, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Northwestern, Penn State (Last 4 In), Purdue

NIT (2): Indiana, Wisconsin (First 4 Out)

I'm guessing the 8-9 game at the BTT will be a de facto play in game for the NCAA

I'm guessing the 8-9 game at the BTT will be a de facto play in game for the NCAA

And Badgers/Nitts only play once (in Happy Valley) during the regular season. That could be a really important game, especially for Penn State. Nitts paltry non-conference schedule is likely to hurt them if they're in a bubble discussion involving the Badgers. Badgers playing a stellar slate.

Weird thinking the Gophers are good. That hasn't happened in a while.

I think they'll take 2nd, 14-4. Michigan State 15-3 (with one of their losses being @ The Barn)

Not going to predict the rest, just don't know enough.

Weird thinking the Gophers are good. That hasn't happened in a while.

I think they'll take 2nd, 14-4. Michigan State 15-3 (with one of their losses being @ The Barn)

Not going to predict the rest, just don't know enough.

I agree. I have a tough time seeing the Gophers only improving by 1 game over last year.

It is entirely possible the Gophers sweep the non-conference slate and go 12-0 or 11-1.

I believe they are capable of winning up to 15 games in conference which would put them at 27 or 26 wins. That should get them at least a top four seed in the NCAA tournament.

I think they will finish 25-9 11-2 non con record. 12-6 in conference. 2-1 at BTT

Am definitely leery not tabbing Badgers for NCAA Tournament. Never count them out. There's a reason they're 1 of only 5 programs to appear in every NCAA Tournament since 2000.

That said, Happ is gonna' need some help.
Yes, and until proven otherwise their coach is not Bo Ryan

It is entirely possible the Gophers sweep the non-conference slate and go 12-0 or 11-1.

I believe they are capable of winning up to 15 games in conference which would put them at 27 or 26 wins. That should get them at least a top four seed in the NCAA tournament.

If we go undefeated in Non Con and win 15 games in conference, we'll be 27-3 entering the B1G Tournament, at that point we'd be in line for a 1 seed. And given all the quality wins we would have(Miami, Providence, Alabama, Arkansas) then B1G play, we'd at worst be a 2 seed if we lost the opening game of the B1G tournament.

Top Bottom