Replay of Holiday Bowl on BTN

This was an unbelievable game by the defense. The secondary, seemingly catastrophically depleted, shut down 4 and 5 wide all night. Cashman and McGee played like their hair was on fire. Nearly everyone was good.

Really fun game to watch. A perfect defensive game plan. Credit where due.

"Offsides. 55 offense. 5 yard penalty. Still 3rd down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They've actually run it quite a few times on the BTN. Two replays I would like to see are the wins against Oregon in the Sun Bowl, ( Lloyd's winning FG that was tipped ) and the Music City Bowl when we beat Alabama. The BTN must not have rights to those games.

This was an unbelievable game by the defense. The secondary, seemingly catastrophically depleted, shut down 4 and 5 wide all night. Cashman and McGee played like their hair was on fire. Nearly everyone was good.

Really fun game to watch. A perfect defensive game plan. Credit where due.

Masterful work by Sawvel and the rest of the defensive staff. Ranks among the most well thought out set of schemes I have ever seen employed in a game. Kudos to the staff for the X and O part of it and the players for executing those plans marvelously.

This game and Horton's last game vs Iowa I'll always have a soft spot for those two wins. Same with the Purdue game Wacker won after he announced he was stepping down. All three of those teams just played so loose and care free those nights.

This game and Horton's last game vs Iowa I'll always have a soft spot for those two wins. Same with the Purdue game Wacker won after he announced he was stepping down. All three of those teams just played so loose and care free those nights.

Yeah, still get goosebumps whenever that Iowa game comes up.

I still love when some national people sent out a tweet of the defensive lineup on the 4th down when the line was single file, to words of "what type of defensive alignment is this?", which was then followed by the same account tweeting "it led to a pick-6, so that shows how much we know about football."

I still love when some national people sent out a tweet of the defensive lineup on the 4th down when the line was single file, to words of "what type of defensive alignment is this?", which was then followed by the same account tweeting "it led to a pick-6, so that shows how much we know about football."

I'm sad I didn't notice the odd lineup when I was at the game. Where the bands were it was hard to see how the teams lined up, so I didn't notice the single file part.

They've actually run it quite a few times on the BTN. Two replays I would like to see are the wins against Oregon in the Sun Bowl, ( Lloyd's winning FG that was tipped ) and the Music City Bowl when we beat Alabama. The BTN must not have rights to those games.

That would be nice but you're probably right. Since the Sun Bowl back then was a CBS property and they have no football connection to the Big Ten, that is probably a long shot.

I'm sad I didn't notice the odd lineup when I was at the game. Where the bands were it was hard to see how the teams lined up, so I didn't notice the single file part.

I keep this pic on my phone. My favorite moment of last year.

IMG_1671.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I seem to remember seeing a replay of the Gophers win over WI where Winston Churchill hit the FG to win it and led the dash for the Axe. I could handle seeing that again.

Also remember seeing the Gary Russell game against Michigan getting shown at least once.

As others have noted, it would be nice to see a little more variety.

Just let me know when 1996 Minnesota vs. Illinois is on again.....

Top Bottom