USC Kicker Boermeester removed from USC after Title IX Investigation

The girlfriend of former USC kicker Matt Boermeester said Sunday that the Title IX investigation that led to his removal from the school's football team was "horrible and unjust" to her and Boermeester.

Zoe Katz, 22, a senior, said in a two-page statement her attorney emailed to The Times that Boermeester "has been falsely accused of conduct involving me." Katz confirmed that the statement was hers. Her attorney, Kerry L. Steigerwalt, said that USC alleged that Boermeester shoved Katz outside her home.

USC suspended Boermeester in February while the school investigated what it called a “student-conduct issue.”

Mark Schamel, an attorney representing Boermeester, said Boermeester was not permitted to return to USC following the school's investigation, in which USC alleged that Boermeester assaulted Katz. Katz has denied this, as did Boermeester, through his attorney.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/l...airly-girlfriend-says-20170730-story,amp.html

Go Gophers!!

Katz said she was summoned to a mandatory meeting with Title IX officials

So the alleged victim was summoned to a mandatory meeting.

USC requires victims to attend a Title IX meeting where they're interviewed, even when they didn't file the complaint?

Are they required to answer questions?

What happens if they don't answer?

How messed up is that?

Hey we heard you might be abused, you're required to come and recount your abuse to a bunch of strangers.

Its an interesting position to be in. Someone reported the alleged abuse, and the alleged victim is saying it never happened. Now I don't know if they are allowed to drop the case since she isn't the person who reported it, not to mention if there was/is abuse going on her testimony that it is not true could be coerced. But we just don't know either way.

Its an interesting position to be in. Someone reported the alleged abuse, and the alleged victim is saying it never happened. Now I don't know if they are allowed to drop the case since she isn't the person who reported it, not to mention if there was/is abuse going on her testimony that it is not true could be coerced. But we just don't know either way.
Well, in South Minneapolis, the police will shoot you for reporting that you might be hearing a sexual assault.

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Many people investigated for alleged crimes (or student code of conduct violations) will lie about what happened. And so will their girlfriends, teammates, friends, and family.

Well, in South Minneapolis, the police will shoot you for reporting that you might be hearing a sexual assault.

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes, too soon.

Many people investigated for alleged crimes (or student code of conduct violations) will lie about what happened. And so will their girlfriends, teammates, friends, and family.

Seems about right for the conclusion you would draw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But those accusing of crimes never lie. Unless they say it didn't happen, then they're lying again.

I understand the reason for battered women laws where a woman who is living with/married to a man that reports an abuse can't rescind to stop the investigation. But this is 3 degrees of separation from the alleged victim who denies any abuse...and absent any other evidence of abuse seems like a tough sell to ruin a kids future. Hope they all lawyer up and take millions from the school to help shine a further light on this idiotic process.

I understand the reason for battered women laws where a woman who is living with/married to a man that reports an abuse can't rescind to stop the investigation. But this is 3 degrees of separation from the alleged victim who denies any abuse...and absent any other evidence of abuse seems like a tough sell to ruin a kids future. Hope they all lawyer up and take millions from the school to help shine a further light on this idiotic process.

You sound like you've been abused...

Starts investigation....

What makes you think they are absent any other evidenxe

But those accusing of crimes never lie. Unless they say it didn't happen, then they're lying again.

Yeah, there's a healthy bit of circular logic (used very loosely) going on here with Cruze.

Let's just say if she hired an attorney to defend her boyfriend, I think that is substantial enough evidence to not take action against either at this point based on the fact they only have a third party observation. Unless the neighbor has photo evidence of him hurting her, the EOAA position is as ridiculous in this case as it was for 4 of the Goph players.
Some EOAA departments have basically decided all women are victims, even if the woman does not know it; the EOAA just hasn't figured out of which offense yet. When a school creates oversight departments they need to be staffed with people with some balance. There definitely are problems and a need for redress in many instances, but this is ridiculous.

Let's just say if she hired an attorney to defend her boyfriend, I think that is substantial enough evidence to not take action against either at this point based on the fact they only have a third party observation. Unless the neighbor has photo evidence of him hurting her, the EOAA position is as ridiculous in this case as it was for 4 of the Goph players.
Some EOAA departments have basically decided all women are victims, even if the woman does not know it; the EOAA just hasn't figured out of which offense yet. When a school creates oversight departments they need to be staffed with people with some balance. There definitely are problems and a need for redress in many instances, but this is ridiculous.

Complete BS. There were multiple witnesses to what really happened. Girlfriends and wives lying to protect their boyfriends and husbands is very common. USC said they will be happy to disclose all of the evidence in the case if the football player and his girl friend waive their confidentiality rights:

“USC stands by its investigation and the accounts provided by multiple witnesses. As previously stated, student disciplinary records are confidential. If the students involved waive their confidentiality rights, the university will offer a detailed response.” http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/l...airly-girlfriend-says-20170730-story,amp.html

Complete BS. There were multiple witnesses to what really happened. Girlfriends and wives lying to protect their boyfriends and husbands is very common. USC said they will be happy to disclose all of the evidence in the case if the football player and his girl friend waive their confidentiality rights:

“USC stands by its investigation and the accounts provided by multiple witnesses. As previously stated, student disciplinary records are confidential. If the students involved waive their confidentiality rights, the university will offer a detailed response.” http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/l...airly-girlfriend-says-20170730-story,amp.html

Cruze, when you (and your EOAA buddies) take a report written by a biased sole investigator and full of assumptions, irrelevant information and pseudoscientific garbage as "proof" you've lost your right to participate in debates. Your opinion is less than worthless.

If that is the case at some Big Ten Universities. Then let's hire some girls to report assaults against various top players at each university. If the players are ALWAYS guilty might make the season go more smoothly. The EOAA should be disbanded at all universities. I have more faith in the college police or city police even if they shoot first and ask questions later.

Top Bottom