Biggest week in Gophers history

gophersfan

Reaction score
Will this week is almost here. The biggest week in the history of the Gophers maybe. what are you planning on doing all week to prepare for the opening of TCF Bank Stadium.

:clap::clap::clap:

Big week yes but BIGGEST? I'm excited too but come on, lol.......

6 DAYS LEFT!

Re: Doing all week to prepare

Drinking heavily, and more of the same on Saturday.

Let's see, the opener of Memorial Stadium, and there might have been a few big weekends back in the 30's and 40's...

Insert "Recent" Between 'In' and 'Gophers'

Will this week is almost here. The biggest week in the history of the Gophers maybe. what are you planning on doing all week to prepare for the opening of TCF Bank Stadium.

:clap::clap::clap:

This statement is then very true for the youngest 2 generations of Gopher fans.

Maybe not the biggest, but perhapsthe biggest since Iowa & Minnesota, faced off as 1 & 2 in the nation. I think it was 1960 but it could have been 1961.

Working Monday through Thursday, annoying the heck out of my Badger fan friends b/c I won't stop talking about the new home of Golden Gopher football, up to the cities Thursday night, dinner somewhere near campus, Friday starts the back to campus celebrations!

This statement is then very true for the youngest 2 generations of Gopher fans.

Well, the youngest two generations might have remembered the first week of October 2003, when the 6-0 nationally-ranked Gophers jumped out to a big lead over Michigan before a packed Dome crowd ... Come to think of it, that might not have happened. I'm having a memory effacement episode about how the week ended.

remember vividly and feeling sick again now that you've brought it to my attention.

I would say that this Saturday is the biggest event since January 1, 1962.

Here's how I would rank the biggest games since I moved back to Minnesota in 1998:

1. 2003 vs Michigan
2. 1999 Sun Bowl vs. Oregon
3. 2003 vs. Wisconsin
4. TCF Bank Stadium opener vs. Air Force
5. 2003 Sun Bowl vs. Oregon

Top Bottom