The hatred on the competitors sights is unreal......

It's not hatred, it's mocking. Should Fleck win, it will be hatred.

As of now, he's 0-1 v. the Big Ten, as far as I can tell.

Maybe it's because I'm old, but don't you find him kind of tiring? [I agree that I would put up with the act, if a Gopher fan, if he manages to win.]

Maybe it's because I'm old, but don't you find him kind of tiring? [I agree that I would put up with the act, if a Gopher fan, if he manages to win.]
Deja vu. Have I not read this before? [emoji41]

Actually, as a HC, I believe he's 2-7 vs Big Ten opponents.

L @Michigan State - 13-26
L @Northwestern - 17-38
L @Iowa - 3-59

L @Purdue - 34-43

L Michigan State - 24-37
L @Ohio State - 12-38

W @Northwestern - 22-21
W @Illinois - 34-10
L Wisconsin - 16-24

Actually, as a HC, I believe he's 2-7 vs Big Ten opponents.

L @Michigan State - 13-26
L @Northwestern - 17-38
L @Iowa - 3-59

L @Purdue - 34-43

L Michigan State - 24-37
L @Ohio State - 12-38

W @Northwestern - 22-21
W @ @Illinois - 34-10
L Wisconsin - 16-24

An optimist would say he is 2-1 vs the State of Illinois

An optimist would say that his win percentage vs the B1G improved a great deal in his short time at WMU. lol

Ok, lets look at scoring margins.

9 games, lets look at them 3 at a time.

1st 3 games, BT teams outscored WMU 123 to 33.

2nd 3 games, BT teams outscored WMU 118 to 70.

3rd 3 games, BT teams GOT outscored by WMU 72 to 55.

If you can't see the obvious progression, then you are an OBVIOUS hater!!!!!

An optimist would say he is 2-1 vs the State of Illinois

Not really in that the win vs jNW was only by 1 point. That is basically a loss or at best a 2*-1 record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An optimist would say that his win percentage vs the B1G improved a great deal in his short time at WMU. lol

Ok, lets look at scoring margins.

9 games, lets look at them 3 at a time.

1st 3 games, BT teams outscored WMU 123 to 33.

2nd 3 games, BT teams outscored WMU 118 to 70.

3rd 3 games, BT teams GOT outscored by WMU 72 to 55.

If you can't see the obvious progression, then you are an OBVIOUS hater!!!!!

I decided to expand on your point and evaluate the so called rivalry game we play against Wisconsin. During their 13 game win streak against Minnesota the average margin of victory has been a hair over 15 points per game. In terms of final outcome the two closet games were the 2008 and 2009 contests, both decided by 3 points.

PJ’s team lost to Wisconsin last year by 8 points, the Gophers lost by 14. I find it interesting that the Kill/Claeys’ era NEVER had a final margin as close as PJ’s WMU team had. In fact, during the Kill/Claeys’ era the average losing margin was 14 points with the CLOSEST outcome being 10 points.

Sorry to confuse those of you who believe in selective memory but the Gophers were not competitive against our #1 rival during the past 5 years. For that alone Kill/Claeys should have been fired.

I decided to expand on your point and evaluate the so called rivalry game we play against Wisconsin. During their 13 game win streak against Minnesota the average margin of victory has been a hair over 15 points per game. In terms of final outcome the two closet games were the 2008 and 2009 contests, both decided by 3 points.

PJ’s team lost to Wisconsin last year by 8 points, the Gophers lost by 14. I find it interesting that the Kill/Claeys’ era NEVER had a final margin as close as PJ’s WMU team had. In fact, during the Kill/Claeys’ era the average losing margin was 14 points with the CLOSEST outcome being 10 points.

Sorry to confuse those of you who believe in selective memory but the Gophers were not competitive against our #1 rival during the past 5 years. For that alone Kill/Claeys should have been fired.
I don't think Kill/Claeys should have been fired. As for PJ's WMU team vs those guys. Everyone forgets that the Broncos got a lot of breaks in that game. How often does a team fumble 4 times and recover all of them? Yes WMU lost by only 8 but that was because time ran out. They had no fight left in them and those guys could have scored with ease at the end.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

I don't think Kill/Claeys should have been fired. As for PJ's WMU team vs those guys. Everyone forgets that the Broncos got a lot of breaks in that game. How often does a team fumble 4 times and recover all of them? Yes WMU lost by only 8 but that was because time ran out. They had no fight left in them and those guys could have scored with ease at the end.

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk
WMU appeared to be outclassed at times but you expect that with a matchup vs a good Big Ten team. The fact that Fleck had them ready to compete at that level was impressive to me. Give him more Big Ten Talent level players and watch out.

Claeys, not Kill, absolutely deserved to be fired. Coyle needed a body in place until he could get the guy he wanted so Claeys got the job. Where is he now? Coaching? I don't think so.

WMU appeared to be outclassed at times but you expect that with a matchup vs a good Big Ten team. The fact that Fleck had them ready to compete at that level was impressive to me. Give him more Big Ten Talent level players and watch out.

Claeys, not Kill, absolutely deserved to be fired. Coyle needed a body in place until he could get the guy he wanted so Claeys got the job. Where is he now? Coaching? I don't think so.
I should have been more specific. Claeys should not have been fired for the on field results. He absolutely should have been for the off field stuff. My bad.

As for getting a team ready to play I remember a Hawaii team beating Georgia and a Boise State team beating Oklahoma. I am not happy with this acceptance of "we lost but it was closer than it was supposed to be"

Top Bottom