The hatred on the competitors sights is unreal......

Reaction score
I took a cruise over on Iowa and Wisconsin sights tonight to see what was going on. It is pretty funny, some of them have 3 topics going on PJ ( Buckyville ) I've never seen so much anomosity
on a particular coach from the opposition , and that includes Brewster. They call him Pee Wee
Herman, among other things. Quite frankly, they're afraid PJ is the real deal. One guy on the Iowa board said if I saw him in person I would punch him out. Pretty good chuckles in about 10 minutes

I took a cruise over on Iowa and Wisconsin sights tonight to see what was going on. It is pretty funny, some of them have 3 topics going on PJ ( Buckyville ) I've never seen so much anomosity
on a particular coach from the opposition , and that includes Brewster. They call him Pee Wee
Herman, among other things. Quite frankly, they're afraid PJ is the real deal. One guy on the Iowa board said if I saw him in person I would punch him out. Pretty good chuckles in about 10 minutes

I'm not surprised Ruesse posts on the Iowa board

Someone drew a bead on you in their scope?

Seems like they like to go with the comparisons to Brewster.
Or they believe he'll leave quickly.

So you're saying irrational fans are finding reasons to dislike the coach of a rival?

If PJ Fleck was head coach of Wisconsin, Gopher fans would hate him more than Bret Bielema. There are 3 types of people, those that love Fleck, those that hate him, and those that just want to win and would be happy to have him as their coach if he wins. There is a lot of ambivalence to other head coaches.

We have them on the run. Plain and simple.

You realize that you are the one that those sites use as the example of the unhinged and rival obsessed Gopher fan right?

I'm sure we've said way worse about Bo Ryan on our message board

I'm not so sure that would happen from one of those keyboard tough guys. PJF is pretty damn in shape and he could certainly out hustle said individual to the punch due to his mile a minute abilities.

I'm not so sure that would happen from one of those keyboard tough guys. PJF is pretty damn in shape and he could certainly out hustle said individual to the punch due to his mile a minute abilities.

Plus its just the fog of the internet. Many people (including on this board) are a bit more courageous through the internet than in person.

I'm sure we've said way worse about Bo Ryan on our message board

I've always gotten the impression that Gopher fans have shown Bo Ryan a lot of respect. Sure, remarks have been made, but respect was shown for his results, for the most part.

And RatherBeGolfing? How did you interpret that Ruppert was upset about anything??? Seems to me he was VERY CLEAR that he went to those sites for "kicks and giggles", and indicated elsewhere that he got some good laughs out of reading their posts and about how much attention was being paid to PJF at another team's site.

And RatherBeGolfing? It's the offseason, no games going on in an college sport, much less football. Very little on the recruiting landscape, I personally am getting very excited about the upcoming sports season, and am sort of BORED STIFF because there is so little to read or look at or watch out there. So I'm trying to pass the time doing other things to take my mind off of being bored, but if I didn't have so many other things to do, I'd definitely consider going to other team's sites, why not?

I personally think it is much stranger that you are asking him why he's going to other sites.

And during this period of the year, I don't think its strange at all that Badger fans and Iowa fans are talking so much about PJF and making fun of him, why not? And sure, of course they are afraid that he might succeed, because it sucks when your competition hires a new coach that is easy to poke fun of yet has the potential to succeed. I remember when Michigan first got their new coach, I felt very similar to the way Badger and Iowa fans feel right now. I thought that he was odd and easy to poke fun of, and I was actually very afraid that he might succeed in turning Michigan around. We were having some success vs Michigan for quite awhile there, at least success in comparison to before Mason came along. And my fears were legit, because that strange guy has turned Michigan around. Maybe that bodes well for us that UW and Iowa fans are feeling the same way that at least one Gopher fan, me, felt after Michigan first hired their current coach???

I was referring to how GHers talk about him here. They poke fun of him somehow, but then acknowledged his accomplishments.

PJF doesn't have a lot of accomplishments yet, so not going to judge anyone for showing him disrespect that he supposedly doesn't deserve, and I can see why non-Gopher fans would poke fun of him. I probably would if I wasn't a Gopher fan, lol. Why not?

We just have to hope we get the last laugh. Right?!

I hate Badger fans with the intensity of a thousand thousand blazing suns. The entirety of human language cannot begin to express my disdain for them, they're sniveling worms. They've insulted, demeaned, and outright mocked forces beyond comprehension, and an end shall soon be upon them. As we speak, the legions of Hades come against them, there will be no mercy, no recompense, and no respite, for their transgressions are beyond forgiveness, and they will answer for them. Eternal torment and woe be upon them, lowliest of fools, weakest of men, shall forever rot...

:mad: Bet the SOBs were saying he could only win 4-5 games!

Any chance there was one of us trolling over there?

Sent from my SM-G920R4 using Tapatalk

PJ's not in shape. Look at Souhan if you want to see a man in shape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not hatred, it's mocking. Should Fleck win, it will be hatred.

As of now, he's 0-1 v. the Big Ten, as far as I can tell.

Maybe it's because I'm old, but don't you find him kind of tiring? [I agree that I would put up with the act, if a Gopher fan, if he manages to win.]

Top Bottom