McNeil in trouble again; charged with murder in Baltimore

Geez, this is awful:

Baltimore police say they plan to charge former Gophers men’s basketball guard Daquein McNeil with murder for causing a fatal house fire last month. Police believe McNeil set the June 4 fire amid a drug dispute with an unidentified person who was staying inside the vacant dwelling. The man who died was not the intended target. McNeil is already behind bars on arson charges in connection with the fire.

Go Gophers!!

Geez, this is awful:

Baltimore police say they plan to charge former Gophers men’s basketball guard Daquein McNeil with murder for causing a fatal house fire last month. Police believe McNeil set the June 4 fire amid a drug dispute with an unidentified person who was staying inside the vacant dwelling. The man who died was not the intended target. McNeil is already behind bars on arson charges in connection with the fire.

Go Gophers!!

Wow what a downward spiral

Really sad to see someone throw their life down the drain after being given an incredible opportunity. Wasn't McNeil an honor roll student in high school or am I remembering wrong? It's hard to understand how you can go from full-ride scholarship to murder in just a few years.

Wow, ugly story.

Pitino's first recruit to Minnesota, came with him after originally committing to FIU.

Really sad to see someone throw their life down the drain after being given an incredible opportunity. Wasn't McNeil an honor roll student in high school or am I remembering wrong? It's hard to understand how you can go from full-ride scholarship to murder in just a few years.

You might be thinking of Nate Mason, I believe he was high school valedictorian. I think remember hearing McNeil's parents were dead.

That was a giant swing and miss by Pitino. Dont blame him, theres no way he could forecast this meltdown. Sad all the way around

You might be thinking of Nate Mason, I believe he was high school valedictorian. I think remember hearing McNeil's parents were dead.

Mc Neil was an honor student as well. Sad situation all the way around. Seemed like a kid with a lot of promise. I'll wait to toss stones until it's resolved but quite the fall from grace

Here is his mug shot:

daquein-mcneil.jpg

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2017/07/24/fatal-fire-homicide-arrest/

Go Gophers!!

I'll wait to toss stones until it's resolved but quite the fall from grace

i'm not sure what your threshold is for tossing stones, but he crossed my threshold back when he beat the crap out of a woman, strangled her and then did it again to the same victim while out on parole.

i'm not sure what your threshold is for tossing stones, but he crossed my threshold back when he beat the crap out of a woman, strangled her and then did it again to the same victim while out on parole.

Separate issues he did his time for that but I'm not going to call someone a murderer until they're convicted of it. All I'm saying is let it play out don't react to a headline. These are serious charges. You can get back on your high horse now

Top Bottom