Gophers Land Alabama DT Transfer O.J. Smith

Bobek is a bad example because his contribution here was limited by a bout of viral myocarditis. I don't care how talented you are that kind of massive infection will kill a career.

Bobek is a bad example because his contribution here was limited by a bout of viral myocarditis. I don't care how talented you are that kind of massive infection will kill a career.

Good point, but the thing is it didn't kill his career. Just lessened it.

Anyway, GBFfan just said it reminded him of Bobek.

Taking it a step further, if in 2018 Smith has a year anywhere near the one Bobek had last season at ISU all Gopher fans would be happy with the comparison.

Excellent news! Given that the staff was likely anticipating this, it dispels the notion once and for all that Silver needed to redshirt last season.

Excellent news! Given that the staff was likely anticipating this, it dispels the notion once and for all that Silver needed to redshirt last season.

Needed to? No. But there was never any doubt to the coaches that he would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No one ever "needs to" redshirt. And who are you arguing this strawman against?

You get it. Same folks who say redshirts are "burned". A team can use them any time. A player has 5 years to play 4, as long as they keep up their grades.

The comment was directed at me. Before last season I posted on here that the team would like to and was likely to redshirt Silver. PJ said as much as early as signing day when he stated RS was a 3 to play 2 guy and that was part of why they took him. The roster setup at DT made it pretty obvious too.

JG took offense to that idea and even made some comment about what a great "coach" I would be. Then, when it happened, I may have reminded him of this. From that point on he has argued that it was never the plan - just happened because Gary Moore was better then anyone expected.

In the post before his, I jabbed about the RSing, and thus his response.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom