Kirk Ferentz (unlike his son, Brian) not interested in judging Fleck's recruiting

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz raised eyebrows and ruffled Minnesota feathers earlier this year when he said the Gophers, and others, don’t always walk the walk with their recruits.

Ferentz, son of Hawkeyes’ head coach Kirk, said during a Des Moines Register podcast that “the new guy in Minnesota” — that’d be new head coach P.J. Fleck — and other coaches give early offers to high school players that sometimes turn out to be just a tease. “We’ll find out about the guys in Minneapolis — what does an offer really mean?,” Ferentz said, adding that an offer from Iowa is always solid.

On Monday at Big Ten media days, Kirk Ferentz offered this about his son’s comments: “He said what he felt. His observations I think were pretty accurate. But the bottom line is, looking at three schools or 103, everybody recruits a little bit differently. Everybody has a different approach. I’m not going to stand here and be judgmental and say ours is the best way. It certainly isn’t. We haven’t won a recruiting award in the last 18 years. We’ve never finished in the top 10. But our goal still is to try to be a top 10 football team in January. That’s kind of where my focus is.”

http://m.startribune.com/kirk-feren...dging-p-j-fleck-s-recruiting-style/436351903/

Go Gophers!!

So senior Frentz is saying that an offer from Minnesota is not solid as apparently he agrees with his son?

Ferentz checks the closet and under his bed for PJ Fleck before going to bed.

This has the makings of Bielema vs Brewster part 2. [emoji500]

Ferentz checks the closet and under his bed for PJ Fleck before going to bed.

Bingo. I take it as a sign of fear that they already feel the need to talk about Fleck before he's ever even coached a game here.

Top Bottom