STrib: P.J. Fleck on Gophers QB situation: 'I wish I had the answer'

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Chip:

P.J. Fleck made his debut in front of the assembled Big Ten media on Tuesday morning and displayed his typical energy and excitement.

The No. 1 topic entering fall camp will be the open quarterback competition. Fleck said senior Conor Rhoda and sophomore Demry Croft separated themselves slightly in spring practice but that redshirt freshman Seth Green and true freshman Tanner Morgan are "not far behind those guys."

Fleck said he doesn't know who will ultimately win that competition or give a timetable for when he'll announce his starter.

"I wish I had answer," he said. "I wish I had somebody in the spring that just took it, ran with it and just said, 'It's my job.' I want somebody to take this and say, 'This is going to be my football team.' "

I asked Fleck if he would consider playing both Rhoda and Croft in a platoon system.

"I can't answer that question yes or no," he said. "I'm not a big two-quarterback-system guy. I believe in [picking] a guy and let's go. But if we have to and we feel that's the best formula, that nobody has taken the job, then we will. But I would like to stay away from that for leadership purposes."

http://www.startribune.com/p-j-flec...537083/?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=dlvr.it

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom