Gophers Schedule Taking Shape: Road Slate Will Test Their Mettle

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Feel comfortable saying we know 25 of the Gophers' 31 regular-season opponents.

PRESEASON/EXHIBITION
Oct. TBD: CREIGHTON (closed door scrimmage)

HOME (11)
Date TBD: ALABAMA A&M (Barclays Center Classic) -- perhaps excluded, or maybe replaced by non-DI opponent to avoid playing a NCAA-ineligible RPI killer?
Date TBD: WESTERN CAROLINA (Barclays Center Classic)
Nov. 29: MIAMI
ILLINOIS*
INDIANA*
IOWA*
MICHIGAN STATE*
NEBRASKA*
NORTHWESTERN*
PURDUE*
RUTGERS*

ROAD (11)
Nov. 13: @ Providence
Dec. 9: @ Arkansas
@ Indiana*
@ Iowa*
@ Maryland*
@ Michigan*
@ Nebraska*
@ Northwestern*
@ Penn State*
@ Purdue*
@ Wisconsin*

NEUTRAL (3)
Nov. 24: vs. Massachusetts (Barclays Center Classic)
Nov. 25: vs. Alabama (Barclays Center Classic)
Jan. 20: vs. Ohio State (New York) -- Gophers the "home" team

Updated with confirmed B1G schedule

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I have nothing else to say other than rivals should be home and away every year with no exceptions. No home game vs. Wisconsin is dumb.

There will be a few protected rivals going forward but apparently not Gophers/Badgers

I have nothing else to say other than rivals should be home and away every year with no exceptions. No home game vs. Wisconsin is dumb.

Based on Indiana's press release, the B1G has decided going forward it's only going to have a few protected rivalries. ... Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue, and Michigan/Michigan State, all state rivalries.

I'm all for every team having 1 protected rival, but this is a bogus move by the B1G if only a select few are deemed worthy of yearly home & homes. I mean, I get Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State, but Illinois/Northwestern? Are you kidding me? That's a "fake rivalry" if there ever was one.

So our non-conference schedule is mediocre and we don't play Wisconsin, MSU, Michigan and Maryland twice? Not good for our RPI.

So our non-conference schedule is mediocre and we don't play Wisconsin, MSU, Michigan and Maryland twice? Not good for our RPI.

Non-conference schedule, what we know of it so far, is fine. It does need 1 or 2 more top 75-100ish opponents.

Based on Indiana's press release, the B1G has decided going forward it's only going to have a few protected rivalries. ... Illinois/Northwestern, Indiana/Purdue, and Michigan/Michigan State, all state rivalries.

I'm all for every team having 1 protected rival, but this is a bogus move by the B1G if only a select few are deemed worthy of yearly home & homes. I mean, I get Indiana/Purdue and Michigan/Michigan State, but Illinois/Northwestern? Are you kidding me? That's a "fake rivalry" if there ever was one.

It would make the most sense, conference scheduling wise, to have each team have a protected rival. If they did that the other 12 conference teams could be put in three pods of 4 that rotate each year on your schedule. One year double play, next year away, third year home. Your protected rival is home and away every year.

Bill Campbell chimes in:

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom