Durr Cleared for Fall Camp

Wow. Seems amazing to me, but what a help he would be this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet! Shocking that he'd be ready so quickly. This is fantastic news for our secondary.

UfDa! Man this guy has some healing power!

Good news. Thanks for posting it Johnnyboy.

Awesome news! That had to take some serious diligence.

Great news! Could the defense be better than last year?

Better at six of eleven spots?

Should be better at defensive tackle with Richardson, Stelter, Merrick, Moore all back and adding juco Silver, Purdue flip Robinson, big Hickcox, Schirck.

Should be better at LB with Celestin, Poock, Cashman, Martin, Barber, Waters, Williams, Huff all back.

Defensive end is a question mark. Going to try and make do with a modified 3-4 and use a lb at de...has worked well for WI, NE going that way, Sawvel ran a lot of it last year...Coughlin and Devers gifted athletes; we will see. DeLattiboudere I really like. I am hoping Gibson breaks through. Recruited some talent in Otomewo, Maye, Umlor. I think we can't say at this point that DeLatti and Cough/Devers are better than Hank and Gaelin, but I am hopeful we might by end of year.

Safety returns Winfield, but loses Travis...McGhee, Huff, Ayinde all have experience..Craighton a db or safety? add HandyHolly and Beck, take redshirt off walkons. Objectively, we are not better at one safety, but some decent options to fill in.

Cornerback loses Hardin and Myrick, but takes redshirt off Thomas, gets Durr, returns Shenault, adds Harris...might use Winfield here? Objectively, we are not better at either corner. But, not a total step back disaster. Kiondre has about all the speed and more size than Hardin and Myrick. Shenault has legit speed and has added some weight to long frame. Durr looked good in limited action.

A good punter, punt coverage can make a defense better...I think we may have that.

An offense with fewer turnovers and longer time of possession can make a defense better...I think we may have that.

Not facing Tommy A or Beathard or Bart Houston or McSorley might help defense be better than last year.

Should be better at defensive tackle with Richardson, Stelter, Merrick, Moore all back and adding juco Silver, Purdue flip Robinson, big Hickcox, Schirck.

Should be better at LB with Celestin, Poock, Cashman, Martin, Barber, Waters, Williams, Huff all back.

Defensive end is a question mark. Going to try and make do with a modified 3-4 and use a lb at de...has worked well for WI, NE going that way, Sawvel ran a lot of it last year...Coughlin and Devers gifted athletes; we will see. DeLattiboudere I really like. I am hoping Gibson breaks through. Recruited some talent in Otomewo, Maye, Umlor. I think we can't say at this point that DeLatti and Cough are better than Hank and Gaelin, but I am hopeful we might by end of year.

Safety returns Winfield, but loses Travis...McGhee, Huff, Ayinde all have experience..Craighton a db or safety? add HandyHolly and Beck, take redshirt off walkons. Objectively, we are not better at one safety.

Cornerback loses Hardin and Myrick, but takes redshirt off Thomas, gets Durr, returns Shenault, adds Harris...might use Winfield here? Objectively, we are not better at either corner.

A good punter, punt coverage can make a defense better...I think we may have that.

An offense with fewer turnovers and longer time of possession can make a defense better...I think we may have that.

Not facing Tommy A or Beathard or Bart Houston or McSorley might help defense be better than last year.

Nice breakdown and I agree with you. I think the defense might be faster outside of Myrick, and the interior d line could be special if Jackson can play up to what I think is his potential.

Great news for this kid! and for the team, he played his mind out in the bowl game with such little experience.
Great news all around!

Defensive end is a question mark. Going to try and make do with a modified 3-4 and use a lb at de...has worked well for WI, NE going that way, Sawvel ran a lot of it last year...Coughlin and Devers gifted athletes; we will see. DeLattiboudere I really like. I am hoping Gibson breaks through. Recruited some talent in Otomewo, Maye, Umlor. I think we can't say at this point that DeLatti and Cough/Devers are better than Hank and Gaelin, but I am hopeful we might by end of year.

Safety returns Winfield, but loses Travis...McGhee, Huff, Ayinde all have experience..Craighton a db or safety? add HandyHolly and Beck, take redshirt off walkons. Objectively, we are not better at one safety, but some decent options to fill in.

Cornerback loses Hardin and Myrick, but takes redshirt off Thomas, gets Durr, returns Shenault, adds Harris...might use Winfield here? Objectively, we are not better at either corner. But, not a total step back disaster. Kiondre has about all the speed and more size than Hardin and Myrick. Shenault has legit speed and has added some weight to long frame. Durr looked good in limited action.

Breakdown is spot on. Biggest questions mark are who is going to step up at DE and can we get consistent play at CB?

I think the defense has a chance to be better than last year, but it will also be interesting to see what happens to the secondary without Sawvel in charge.

Our defense last year also had big problems with all the suspensions from the EOAA deal and from the late hits. If the new culture eliminates that crap, it could help the defense be better than last year.

If Fleck and Coyle help create a better game day atmosphere, that can really help a defense. Like getting Bucky and Huskers at home this year. Expect better start times this year.

New S and C program should help defense be better than last year...stronger, faster, fewer injuries.

It would be phenomenal if he can hit peak performance this season. He will need some time to shake out the doubts going full speed

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VmOC2RjPjUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Was nodding along until the bold....

Top Bottom