Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Detroit News: Harbaugh, Fleck among 10 hot topics for Big Ten

1. There are three new coaches in the Big Ten. What’s in store for them?

P.J. Fleck rowed his boat to Minnesota from Western Michigan, Jeff Brohm left Western Kentucky for Purdue, and Tom Allen is the new man at Indiana. Allen was the Hoosiers’ defensive coordinator last season and the team saw improvement on that side of the ball, but can he finally bring balance to Indiana and challenge? Brohm is a lauded for his acumen on offense, and his record at WKU is worthy of high praise. He takes over a program that has won three Big Ten games the last three years. And Fleck is the energizer bunny, who never seems to take a break. The Gophers lack depth but Fleck, who took WMU from 1-11 to the Cotton Bowl, is a program builder.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sp...g-10-hot-topics-big-ten-media-days/103901692/

Go Gophers!!

Before I read this thread, if someone would have asked me to name the Head Coach at Indiana, I could have sat here and guessed for 10 years and not come up with Tom Allen. The guy may be a really good X's and O's coach, but he's not going to move the needle much on fan excitement.

I suppose there were not a lot of high-profile candidates lining up for the Indiana job. But still, this guy has to be the least-known coach in the B1G by far.

Before I read this thread, if someone would have asked me to name the Head Coach at Indiana, I could have sat here and guessed for 10 years and not come up with Tom Allen. The guy may be a really good X's and O's coach, but he's not going to move the needle much on fan excitement.

I suppose there were not a lot of high-profile candidates lining up for the Indiana job. But still, this guy has to be the least-known coach in the B1G by far.
I may be wrong, but I think he may have been Marqueis Gray's high school coach in the early part of his high school career

Don't think they conducted a national search, they just hired him after the previous coach was let go.

Go Gophers!!

I may be wrong, but I think he may have been Marqueis Gray's high school coach in the early part of his high school career

Yeah he was at Ben Davis when Gray was a Freshman/Sophomore.

It'll be interesting to see how Tom Allen does. He's been a pretty fast riser and did a good job with Indiana's defense in one year. He also worked under Willie Taggart and Hugh Freeze. For Indiana's sake, hopefully he didn't learn too much from Freeze.

He'll stay with the BTN until just before the season starts then he'll head to ESPN. His family will say it's because BTN didn't give him enough attention...

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Fitzgerald kind of called out Minnesota on targeting penalties. Said players and teams with multiple targeting penalties need to be punished more.

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!

Go Gophers!!