Colorado State University-Pueblo Settles With Student Falsely Accused of Rape

Issues with due process... huh...

Issues with due process... huh...

The University Process did exactly what it is there to do. In the end everyone got their chance to get their say.
-Cruze

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard of this first from one of my favorite political commentary YouTube channels about a year ago, if anyone is interested in listening. Glad to see the guy is getting justice.

The Pendulum has a way of swinging back and forth.

There was a time when legitimate cases of campus sexual assault were not taken as seriously as they should have been, especially when athletes were involved (at least at certain schools.)

Then, the pendulum swung the other way, and we saw groups like the EOAA and Title XI investigations that - with all good intentions (!) - set out to protect the rights of the alleged victims, but in some cases, trampled over the rights of the alleged perpetrators. I'm not saying it's easy - a lot of these things are "he said, she said" situations, and alcohol is often involved, which can make issues of memory and consent blurry.

But, hopefully, the pendulum is swinging back to the center, and we can come out of this with a more balanced approach that tries to protect the rights of everyone involved, without pre-judging anyone.

There was a time when legitimate cases of campus sexual assault were not taken as seriously as they should have been, especially when athletes were involved (at least at certain schools.)

Then, the pendulum swung the other way, and we saw groups like the EOAA and Title XI investigations that - with all good intentions (!) - set out to protect the rights of the alleged victims, but in some cases, trampled over the rights of the alleged perpetrators. I'm not saying it's easy - a lot of these things are "he said, she said" situations, and alcohol is often involved, which can make issues of memory and consent blurry.

But, hopefully, the pendulum is swinging back to the center, and we can come out of this with a more balanced approach that tries to protect the rights of everyone involved, without pre-judging anyone.

Yeah I think that is about right. Folks aren't wrong that there were (OMG Baylor) situations where the pendulum swung way far to the other side, now it swings back too far.

Really though these schools need to get some outside legal council stuff if they're going to do this.

Universities need to have their butts handed to them on these issues. DeVos is actually doing something good by fixing the Title IX mess that wrought this.

What Kahler did here was disgusting.

The same happens in all areas of politics. The swing voters of the electorate grow frustrated and we go from R to D to R. There is no question Hillary's embrace and enabling of the fringe left (and the media complicity) brought out the vote for Trump, and here we are. Those of us in the middle are left wondering what the hell just happened.

Newton's Law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Unfortunately wacked out, angry, unreasonable people are not as easy to deal with as physics problems.

There was an Outside the Lines about this case a little while back too.

Yes, hopefully it's swinging back and the pendulum is dampened a bit before swinging back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very true! Well said

Top Bottom