Elite S and C! Let's Go!

It's a little disappointing that Coughlin and Devers couldn't add more weight. They are the same weight as QBs Rhoda and Seth Green, and smaller than nearly all of the linebackers.

14# in 6 months is dang good if it's all "good" weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did I miss Santoso's numbers?

Love the increase in weight, we have to assume that the increase in weight happened because of efforts in the weight room. Nice to finally have a P5 SandC coach. Klein was way out of his element.

Love the increase in weight, we have to assume that the increase in weight happened because of efforts in the weight room. Nice to finally have a P5 SandC coach. Klein was way out of his element.

What can we assume about the decreases in weight?

I think that as young and rangy as Devers is it might just be hard to gain weight. A fast metabolsim plus the ratio of surface area to volume of his body exhibits suggests that calories will just fly off of him. Go Gophers!

I think that as young and rangy as Devers is it might just be hard to gain weight. A fast metabolsim plus the ratio of surface area to volume of his body exhibits suggests that calories will just fly off of him. Go Gophers!

You can't assume that every player's body will react the same way to an S & C program. I just want players to play at a weight that is right for them and their body - not try to shoehorn players into some pre-conceived notion that you "must" weigh a certain # of pounds. Some guys have an easier time gaining weight than others - and you want it to be good weight. anybody can pack on the pounds the wrong way, and you end up looking like DeNiro at the end of "Raging Bull."

If Coughlin plays best at 230, let him play at 230.

What can we assume about the decreases in weight?

Then they increased in density.

I hear they test that by typing players up and tossing them in a pool to see how quickly they sink.

Not that if they don't sink then clearly they are being rejected by the water and they're dealt with accordingly.

It's a little disappointing that Coughlin and Devers couldn't add more weight. They are the same weight as QBs Rhoda and Seth Green, and smaller than nearly all of the linebackers.

15 pounds of good weight is really good in an off season

Then they increased in density.

I hear they test that by typing players up and tossing them in a pool to see how quickly they sink.

Not that if they don't sink then clearly they are being rejected by the water and they're dealt with accordingly.

I thought that was how you tested someone to see if they were a witch. If they float, then they're a witch.

From the History channel website:
As part of the infamous “swimming test,” accused witches were dragged to the nearest body of water, stripped to their undergarments, bound and then tossed in to to see if they would sink or float. Since witches were believed to have spurned the sacrament of baptism, it was thought that the water would reject their body and prevent them from submerging. According to this logic, an innocent person would sink like a stone, but a witch would simply bob on the surface. The victim typically had a rope tied around their waist so they could be pulled from the water if they sank, but it wasn’t unusual for accidental drowning deaths to occur.

I thought that was how you tested someone to see if they were a witch. If they float, then they're a witch.

As part of the infamous “swimming test,” accused witches were dragged to the nearest body of water, stripped to their undergarments, bound and then tossed in to to see if they would sink or float. Since witches were believed to have spurned the sacrament of baptism, it was thought that the water would reject their body and prevent them from submerging. According to this logic, an innocent person would sink like a stone, but a witch would simply bob on the surface. The victim typically had a rope tied around their waist so they could be pulled from the water if they sank, but it wasn’t unusual for accidental drowning deaths to occur.

Hilarious! So if you drown you are in the clear...heaven forbid if you knew how to tread water back then.

As long as due process was followed I'm ok if some suspected witches accidentally drowned.

They followed a process, how can they be wrong? Sadly, the witch dunk test is arguably more fair than the EOAA process. Most witches, I mean ladies, are going to sink.

How did they prove someone was a witch if they weren't even present at the "swimming test"?

Top Bottom