Sid: Fleck: Oregon State is a phenomenal football team, Andersen is a wonderful coach

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Sid:

Fleck on Oregon State

Gophers football coach P.J. Fleck, who will be featured in a four-part series called “Being P.J. Fleck” on ESPNU beginning Aug. 2, recently talked about what he knows about Oregon State, the Gophers’ second nonconference football game and first road game of 2017.

“Oregon State is a phenomenal football team, Gary Andersen is a wonderful football coach,” Fleck said. “ got a chance to see Gary in the offseason. They’re really, really talented. Like I said even last week, we have to worry about us. … We can’t worry about anyone else unless we’re the best us we can be.”

http://www.startribune.com/twins-19...ectations-of-then-gm-andy-macphail/435735883/

Go Gophers!!

Phenomenal huh.

I think they're better than their record ... and we beat them at home by a TD. I'm concerned. Not sure I'd say phenomenal ...

I think Gary Andersen is a phenomenal coach.

That is a quote from Fleck. (unless Sid's transcriber got it wrong again. I don't remember.)

Phenomenal huh.

I think they're better than their record ... and we beat them at home by a TD. I'm concerned. Not sure I'd say phenomenal ...

They were worse than their record. Lucky to be 4-8.

Their four wins were over FCS Idaho State (1-7 in Big Sky), Oregon (2-7 in PAC) at end of year when they had quit on lame duck coach, Arizona (1-8 in PAC) at end of year when Rich Rod had lost the team, and Cal (3-6 in PAC) in overtime. Cal coach got fired at end of season.

One of best players quit the team to take a baseball contract.

Another of best players still recovering from bad meningitis.

Lost best rcvr to NFL, lost two dbs to NFL, two oline guys to NFL, te to NFL, lb to NFL, rb to NFL. Lost bunch of other guys on oline. They were moving guys from dline to try and find bodies.

Lost two of best coaches and some staffers when the passing game coach took the head job at San Jose.

Year before lost some of best coaches when another asst took the BYU head job and took some guys with him.

May be relying on inexperienced juco to help at QB. He had a gastrointestinal illness in Spring and lost 30 pounds.

Anderson has not recruited like Riley did.

Beavs agreed to change schedule to open new stadium in Colorado Springs in August. Gophs will have good tape to review.

Minnesota will have huge contingent on hand for game.

Lost best rcvr to NFL, lost two dbs to NFL, two oline guys to NFL, te to NFL, lb to NFL, rb to NFL. Lost bunch of other guys on oline. They were moving guys from dline to try and find bodies.

Anderson has not recruited like Riley did.

Beavs agreed to change schedule to open new stadium in Colorado Springs in August. Gophs will have good tape to review.

Minnesota will have huge contingent on hand for game.

Wow that's a lot of NFL talent for one team. Really should have been better last year I guess. That big RB put a hurting on us last year, I believe he's still around. Looking forward to this one!

Wondering where Phenomenal is compared to Elite...

Wow that's a lot of NFL talent for one team. Really should have been better last year I guess. That big RB put a hurting on us last year, I believe he's still around. Looking forward to this one!

I think when discussing NFL talent I personally limit it to people that are either a) drafted, or b) guys that are UDFA but make the final roster at some point (or practice squad if I'm being generous). It gets pretty amorphous to lump in all the rookies. I guess maybe a qualifier is in order.

OSU had a fourth round tackle and fifth round safety selected this year. Surprisingly, based on Galt's elite measuring tool they should have had a better season than us. Wierd.

Top Bottom