CBS: Big Ten offseason power rankings (#5. Minnesota)

I don't know how anyone can justify someone putting Maryland ahead of us. Purdue and Northwestern are questionable but I mean Maryland?

I don't know how anyone can justify someone putting Maryland ahead of us. Purdue and Northwestern are questionable but I mean Maryland?

We gave all the pre-season predictors a giant middle finger last year, why not again this year? :cool02:

questions

The article says Happ could become and all-American, he was a 3rd team AP already last year. I wouldn't put to much stock in it.

It's Michigan State, then a good gap to the next tier that includes Purdue, Northwestern, and us. I see Maryland in a tier after us. On paper we have the deepest team and a lot of experience. We have a good shot. I think people are underestimating the loss of Swanigan. Haas can score in the post, but he cannot run the floor, rebound in space, or protect the rim very well. Tremble was heart and soul of Maryland also.

We beat both Purdue and NW on their home floors last year, and MN has gained more and lost less than both teams. Especially in the case of Purdue with Swanigan.

CBS seems to justify the #5 spot with throw away line that we lost our first round NCAA match up that of course doesn't add the nuance that we were basically without our starting back-court with Mason being hobbled. Not to take away from Middle Tennessee State - they were a solid team that everyone agrees was likely underrated as a #12.

Bottom line - erroneous on all counts.:cool:

:rolleyes: Whatevs...let's decide it on the court. I like our chances.

MSU is not that much better than us if at all...

Top Bottom