P.J. Fleck will be on KFAN with Paul Allen in a Couple of Minutes

You clearly misheard PA. He is great friends with Ron Johnson, and he is a regular on his show. Ron will be working with the wide receivers this year, and PA was talking about how great that will be for the team. He always refers to Ron as the greatest WR in Gopher history...he was not calling him the best WR on the team this season. You either misheard, or are blatantly lying just to go with this whole anti-PA crowd.

PA is also a big fan of PJ Fleck.

All this anti-PA talk here is odd. I feel some gopherholers are just negative toward all media for some reason. PA is on board with the Gophers, and he has very positive takes about them.
This entire post is wrong and you clearly don't know PA. I know him personally, don't talk to him anymore but he couldn't care less about anything other than the Vikes and T-Wolves. He laughs at Gopher football.

Did you listen? He said Ron was playing for the gophers this year. Obviously joking but still dumb.

PA may be fine with the gophers but he knows nothing about college football nor does he make any effort to. It's not just PA though. The only person on kfan that knows anything about gopher football is gaard.

And he's a dick

The entire station is basically unlistenable to me but the demographic is much younger than I am.

Barreiro is easily the best option we have on the radio in this market. It isn't even close.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barreiro is easily the best option we have on the radio in this market. It isn't even close.

Not sure if you're joking or not. For me Barreiro is great for non-sports stuff. I don't get much out of his sports takes. He usually is just trying to stir the pot. I get enough of that here.

Not sure if you're joking or not. For me Barreiro is great for non-sports stuff. I don't get much out of his sports takes. He usually is just trying to stir the pot. I get enough of that here.

Not joking. His show is fantastic, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He thinks he's being funny because Ron Johnson is on the station during football season. Hi-lari-i-ous.

In most other cities this would be unacceptable. Mike North in Chicago knows 10x as much about the Bears as he does about Northwestern or Notre Dame, but he still knows a lot about those teams not to mention the high school teams and he'd be embarrassed if he didn't.

Cynicism sells here and I don't know why. I feel sorry for Sid. It must be like being the only kid left on the block who believes in Santa Claus.

In most other cities this would be unacceptable. Mike North in Chicago knows 10x as much about the Bears as he does about Northwestern or Notre Dame, but he still knows a lot about those teams not to mention the high school teams and he'd be embarrassed if he didn't.

Cynicism sells here and I don't know why. I feel sorry for Sid. It must be like being the only kid left on the block who believes in Santa Claus.

I wonder about how much it sells as much as it is ... all that is offered.

On the other hand maybe it does sell:

Completely agree. Barriero is brilliant when he has a guest -- even a sports-related guest. And he's good with other topics even when he's ranting on his own. But he's clearly bored by sports, and I think he really seems to dislike Minnesota sports teams and fans.

I think PA has changed over the years; much more fun and inquisitive when he was younger, especially with Dubay. That seems to be common in the Twin Cities. The younger guys on several stations are more interesting because they're more interested. I think the PAs, Barrieros and Reusses eventually became burned out on most sports.

This entire post is wrong and you clearly don't know PA. I know him personally, don't talk to him anymore but he couldn't care less about anything other than the Vikes and T-Wolves. He laughs at Gopher football.

You forgot to include himself. The ego of that guy when he makes an appearance makes me wanna punch him right between the eyes. He was blowing kisses into the crowd at Vikings training camp last year and not in a funny..ironic way. In a very egotistical way.

I've said it before, but of the many, many things I miss about MN, being exposed to PA and his followers is not one of them. Each time the Vikings lose in a heartbreaking way, the first thing I do is take to social media in hopes someone has PA's radio call so I can soak in his misery.

We are on our way to the Aquatennial parade. Hope to see some other Gopher fans there.

Completely agree. Barriero is brilliant when he has a guest -- even a sports-related guest. And he's good with other topics even when he's ranting on his own. But he's clearly bored by sports, and I think he really seems to dislike Minnesota sports teams and fans.

I think PA has changed over the years; much more fun and inquisitive when he was younger, especially with Dubay. That seems to be common in the Twin Cities. The younger guys on several stations are more interesting because they're more interested. I think the PAs, Barrieros and Reusses eventually became burned out on most sports.

Agree on Barriero. Interesting show. I have largely quit listening to KFAN simply because I think things have gotten stale over there (but their ratings are high so that for everyone like me they have lost, they've picked up two or three listeners). Back in the day, I never missed Bob Yates and Common's show was pretty hilarious when it was listener/moniker driven. Now Common's show consists of Tenna B breaking down every shift of last night's Wild game. Barrerio with or without Hartman is pretty solid. PA (and he isn't alone here) is the epitome of what is wrong with sports media these days. Because the Vikings are paying the freight, nary a bad word can be said about them. It's the same in other markets.

And did you see a lot of people in Gopher Gear? :cool:

Sadly no! There were about twenty players, the band, Goldy, the Fleck family and a really cool old fire truck painted in Gopher colors. It was pretty cool for me at least (first time going to the Aquatennial parade.

Top Bottom