P.J. Fleck will be on KFAN with Paul Allen in a Couple of Minutes

Iceland12

Reaction score
Just a little heads-up for you.

Wow. PA is such an unbelievable hack. I actually tuned in to catch some Gopher coverage. Missed the Fleck interview, but was listening to the producer's analysis of the program and what is in store for this season. PA was just chiming in with his "Yup, yeah, ok" disinterested crap. Then PA started talking about Ron Johnson being the featured WR this year for the Gophers. Annoying, but the producer tried to keep going with his takes. But PA would not stop talking about Ron Johnson being the best WR on this year's team and just kept going and going. That guy is such a frickin tool. Every time I accidentally listen because my radio was still on KFAN from Barriero, I am reminded why I dont listen to him anymore. Just a moron.

Wow. PA is such an unbelievable hack. I actually tuned in to catch some Gopher coverage. Missed the Fleck interview, but was listening to the producer's analysis of the program and what is in store for this season. PA was just chiming in with his "Yup, yeah, ok" disinterested crap. Then PA started talking about Ron Johnson being the featured WR this year for the Gophers. Annoying, but the producer tried to keep going with his takes. But PA would not stop talking about Ron Johnson being the best WR on this year's team and just kept going and going. That guy is such a frickin tool. Every time I accidentally listen because my radio was still on KFAN from Barriero, I am reminded why I dont listen to him anymore. Just a moron.

He's a Vikings pimp first, last and always.

Nope strike that. Bad analogy. The Vikings pay him not the other way around.

The saddest part is he doesn't even try. He just totally wings it.

He's a Vikings pimp first, last and always.

Nope strike that. Bad analogy. The Vikings pay him not the other way around.

Then you wonder why I love it everytime they lose. The Twin City media and hacks like him. Enough said.

Then you wonder why I love it everytime they lose. The Twin City media and hacks like him. Enough said.

A person can dislike Paul Allen and like the Vikings at the same time. Just don't listen to KFAN.

What season is he talking about? Is it the year 2000? Is Glen Mason still the coach?

For some reason PA thinks it makes him look cool to not know about college sports. He's an idiot.

What season is he talking about? Is it the year 2000? Is Glen Mason still the coach?

Maybe Johnson had a year of eligibility remaining and he's one of those (long delayed) senior transfers.

The thing that bothers me is by doing the Ron Johnson shtick you're basically dismissing the Gophers. Saying they're not worth any time or attention. On the flagship station of Gopher football.

I honestly don't expect him to know all the Gopher sports. I don't even expect him to know much about the football team. But if it's being discussed, then either ask questions (Do they have a go to receiver this year? Do they have the talent at X position? Etc.) or shut up. Don't belittle it. If you are a sportscaster on any station that doesn't carry the Gophers? Belittle all you want. I won't like it, but I don't feel like you're obligated to promote the program.

I would think the bosses there would say something. He's basically telling people not to tune into KFAN anytime they have a Gopher Sports program.

I can't listen to PA anymore.

His schtick got sickening.

Then he started doing the pervert thing with any female co-host.

Then he does the dis-interested college sports thing so I just stopped.

A few years back they would discuss bubble, and it was clear they had no idea why the Gophers were going to be in or out.

The thing that bothers me is by doing the Ron Johnson shtick you're basically dismissing the Gophers. Saying they're not worth any time or attention. On the flagship station of Gopher football.

I honestly don't expect him to know all the Gopher sports. I don't even expect him to know much about the football team. But if it's being discussed, then either ask questions (Do they have a go to receiver this year? Do they have the talent at X position? Etc.) or shut up. Don't belittle it. If you are a sportscaster on any station that doesn't carry the Gophers? Belittle all you want. I won't like it, but I don't feel like you're obligated to promote the program.

I would think the bosses there would say something. He's basically telling people not to tune into KFAN anytime they have a Gopher Sports program.

Let's see if Coyle is smart enough to use this as a bargaining chip.

So, did anyone actually listen to the Fleck interview? Did anyone say anything relating to Gopher Football? Will our heroes ever find true happiness? Will Flash Gordon defeat Emperor Ming and save the Earth?

So, did anyone actually listen to the Fleck interview? Did anyone say anything relating to Gopher Football? Will our heroes ever find true happiness? Will Flash Gordon defeat Emperor Ming and save the Earth?

No, Yes, Yes, and Yes!;)

I don't know, but if his son continues hitting at Chattanooga like he is right now, we might see him with the Twins in September (no option for September call-ups).

PA is pretty annoying. Even with Vikings stuff he can be pretty dismissive and not pay any attention to who he's interviewing (you really notice it when you watch him do an interview), so it's not only because it's the Gophers.

What did PJ say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did PJ say?

I don't remember all the questions but it was basically nothing at all new to those that follow Gopher football even somewhat closely. I think he asked about quarterback and which side of the field they'd be on. You can probably guess what the answers were.

-Fallen in love with Twin Cities. A lot of people when they first come here aren't too sure about it, but eventually they never want to leave. It's that type of a place to us already. Other than Pitino, all our neighbors are amazing. So much to do here. People have been incredible. Still in honeymoon stage, but people have shown their hearts to us.
-Failing is growth. If we expect these 17 to 22 year olds to be perfect, we're crazy. We're going to strive to be perfect. Perfection is what we're chasing.
-We all want to focus on winning a championship, and everyone will celebrate on that day, but that's a long time from now. The dream is in the process....it's built in. When we get there, it'll be a big deal to us. Gotta enjoy the process. Failing is what makes the success actually happen, because of how we respond.
-Players one week left of summer workouts. Coaches have time off with families. Unofficial visits coming up.
-Fall training camp completely different from spring. No time allotments. Grow a lot during training camp. Player-friendly.
-Talked about time with 49ers. Doesn't matter the number of reps, but how you do on every rep.
-Only seen QBs in winter conditioning and 15 practices. Won't get complete mastery of offense until Year 2. 22 guys out. First appearance in front of us in training camp, haven't evaluated yet. Very unique year. Give them things they can handle.
-Row the boat, ski-u-mah

"I don't have a really pulse on Golden Gophers football nation, from a fan base standpoint" -Paul Allen

-Only seen QBs in winter conditioning and 15 practices. Won't get complete mastery of offense until Year 2. 22 guys out. First appearance in front of us in training camp, haven't evaluated yet. Very unique year. Give them things they can handle.

22 guys are already out of the running for QB?

Oh man we're in trouble....

I don't remember all the questions but it was basically nothing at all new to those that follow Gopher football even somewhat closely. I think he asked about quarterback and which side of the field they'd be on. You can probably guess what the answers were.

-Fallen in love with Twin Cities. A lot of people when they first come here aren't too sure about it, but eventually they never want to leave. It's that type of a place to us already. Other than Pitino, all our neighbors are amazing. So much to do here. People have been incredible. Still in honeymoon stage, but people have shown their hearts to us.
-Failing is growth. If we expect these 17 to 22 year olds to be perfect, we're crazy. We're going to strive to be perfect. Perfection is what we're chasing.
-We all want to focus on winning a championship, and everyone will celebrate on that day, but that's a long time from now. The dream is in the process....it's built in. When we get there, it'll be a big deal to us. Gotta enjoy the process. Failing is what makes the success actually happen, because of how we respond.
-Players one week left of summer workouts. Coaches have time off with families. Unofficial visits coming up.
-Fall training camp completely different from spring. No time allotments. Grow a lot during training camp. Player-friendly.
-Talked about time with 49ers. Doesn't matter the number of reps, but how you do on every rep.
-Row the boat, ski-u-mah

"I don't have a really pulse on Golden Gophers football nation, from a fan base standpoint" -Paul Allen

Thanks Guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went back to listen because couldn't stand to listen to the end.

Starts at 12:13. First question was "what do you think about the old Twin Cities?" Fleck's answer took a playful shot at Pitino. Allen ignored it. Then P.A. went on to ask about video games. Followed by asking what Fleck been doing this Summer. Then about "Training Camp"...

Took 8 minutes total. Then about 5-7 minutes of Gopher talk afterwards with a lot of it wasted on Ron Johnson talk...

Have tuned-in in the past when Gopher talk was scheduled. Allen's schtick seems to always be that "if I screw around with it enough and let the listener's in on my disdain for this maybe I won't have to do it anymore." Can't tell you if it's been successful or not. Quit as a regular listener years ago.

Can tell you that I've talked to a few people that have worked with him and they say that he's really a nice, caring guy. Which is great.

Told them while that's nice to hear, but as a listener who will never get to know him, and only hear's the Viking's on tv, never on the radio, he often comes off as a thoughtless dick. Which since his money and most fans' interests are Viking's centric is probably fine with him.

https://www.spreaker.com/user/9808571/pa071817

The entire station is basically unlistenable to me but the demographic is much younger than I am. Might be part of KFAN's problem in our eyes as they are not after the Gopher fans so who cares. As soon as the Big Ten title games come he will flip his attitude.

-Row the boat, ski-u-mah

thanks for the post

You clearly misheard PA. He is great friends with Ron Johnson, and he is a regular on his show. Ron will be working with the wide receivers this year, and PA was talking about how great that will be for the team. He always refers to Ron as the greatest WR in Gopher history...he was not calling him the best WR on the team this season. You either misheard, or are blatantly lying just to go with this whole anti-PA crowd.

PA is also a big fan of PJ Fleck.

All this anti-PA talk here is odd. I feel some gopherholers are just negative toward all media for some reason. PA is on board with the Gophers, and he has very positive takes about them.

All this anti-PA talk here is odd. I feel some gopherholers are just negative toward all media for some reason. PA is on board with the Gophers, and he has very positive takes about them.

Completely agree. I've never understood it either. Some people just hate to hate.

You clearly misheard PA. He is great friends with Ron Johnson, and he is a regular on his show. Ron will be working with the wide receivers this year, and PA was talking about how great that will be for the team. He always refers to Ron as the greatest WR in Gopher history...he was not calling him the best WR on the team this season. You either misheard, or are blatantly lying just to go with this whole anti-PA crowd.

PA is also a big fan of PJ Fleck.

Did you listen? He said Ron was playing for the gophers this year. Obviously joking but still dumb.

PA may be fine with the gophers but he knows nothing about college football nor does he make any effort to. It's not just PA though. The only person on kfan that knows anything about gopher football is gaard.

Sent from my RS988 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom