"Big jelly" move by Washington (video)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I'm one of Jelly Dime's bajillion followers, he is pretty amped about our strength and conditioning program. Lots of weight room and shirtless selfies with muscle emoji's.

I have some high hopes for this kid, I hope he can co-exist with the rest of the talent on this team, there is no reason to suspect he couldn't, he's just a pretty big personality in a team that was devoid of that in the past.

Wow that post has tripled in popularity since I saw it in my twitter feed last night. I like the idea of thousands of young basketball players getting exposure to the Gophers through Washington.

It's cool but frankly he needs a longer stride out of the pivot and more explosion to the hoop or he's either not gonna get there or he's get LeBron swatted, even in transition. But ya, it's fun.

It's cool but frankly he needs a longer stride out of the pivot and more explosion to the hoop or he's either not gonna get there or he's get LeBron swatted, even in transition. But ya, it's fun.

This critique of an unguarded highlight found on social media is award worthy. Count me among the stunned.

Kind of "get off my lawn" like, don't ya think?

Well,

Kind of "get off my lawn" like, don't ya think?

I may as well double down then... "Never mistake activity for achievement. It isn't what you do, but how you do it. It is the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." John Wooden

He absolutely has to be lower to be effective, to get his shoulder by the hip of the defender ...he's too upright. Obviously, he loves basketball, he's talented, he works at it, just don't practice bad habits...especially if you're showin' off. Game speed. He's better than that.

And yes, I'm still confident he'll be starting by December.

I may as well double down then... "Never mistake activity for achievement. It isn't what you do, but how you do it. It is the little details that are vital. Little things make big things happen." John Wooden

He absolutely has to be lower to be effective, to get his shoulder by the hip of the defender ...he's too upright. Obviously, he loves basketball, he's talented, he works at it, just don't practice bad habits...especially if you're showin' off. Game speed. He's better than that.

Believe it or not, it is in fact possible to have multiple parts of a personality. I mean maybe, just MAYBE he's simply goofing around in that video, AND behind the video he was practicing "properly". It takes an immense imagination to get there, BUT I think you can do it... by December.

I thought you were joking at first but do you seriously think he could even do this move in a game. He is just having some and being a kid. He probably did this video before leaving the gym after working out hard.

&quot;Big jelly&quot; move by Washington (video)

He's preparing that move for when he comes down on a break vs Purdue with Isaac Haas as the lone defender. The dribble between legs and behind back puts Haas on his heals. The spin makes Haas almost fall over backwards and the jelly roll at the end invites Haas is to contest for an and 1. Gophers go up 10 and the Barn goes berserk!
On second thought it's vs Wisconsin with Ethan Happ as the defender sounds better and the up 10 is with 1 min to go in the BIG regular season finally title clinching game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

Man alive! That kid's got more moves than Bakary Konate!! Does anybody have a version of this video with closed-captioning:confused:

Jelly's going to have to learn how to wear a shirt or he's going to draw a lot of technical fouls.

&quot;Big jelly&quot; move by Washington (video)

I expect the "jelly" move to get swatted from behind a few times early on, with the better B1G athletes he'll be facing, but I also expect that he'll adjust to it.

I expect the "jelly" move to get swatted from behind a few times early on, with the better B1G athletes he'll be facing, but I also expect that he'll adjust to it.

Some of you guys act like he hasn't been going against super athletes every summer the past 4 or 5 years or he hasn't played in open gym vs athletes.

When it's all said and done, IW will go down in history as the greatest Gopher ever... Don't @ me!

He's the next Bobby Jackson. Not only does he have the ability to play with or without the Ball like Bobby, but he has the killer instinct and the "it" factor.

Reports of his games against Nate Mason, then against Tyus & Tre Jones, are very encouraging.

He's the next Bobby Jackson. Not only does he have the ability to play with or without the Ball like Bobby, but he has the killer instinct and the "it" factor.

Reports of his games against Nate Mason, then against Tyus & Tre Jones, are very encouraging.

Bobby Jackson was the Big Ten defensive player of the year. I'm just hoping IW won't be a liability on defense this year, let alone at that level.

Right now IW's game reminds me a little bit of Townsend Orr or Mark Hall, which would help this team a lot next year. If he can provide a consistent scoring spark off the bench, it would make this team so much better.

While working out at Lifetime today, I saw a guy (HS/college ish) repeatedly attempting to emulate the Big Jelly. Unsuccessful on every attempt.

Let's see him play a few real games before we say he has the "it" factor. That tag is earned, not given. Hope Washington gets there.

While working out at Lifetime today, I saw a guy (HS/college ish) repeatedly attempting to emulate the Big Jelly. Unsuccessful on every attempt.

About a month ago I was at a waterpark in Wisconsin that had some hs age kids playing hoops. I saw one of them try a razzle dazzle finger roll and called out 'Jelly'. Last week I was at a park,10 kids were playing hoops... same deal.

About a month ago I was at a waterpark in Wisconsin that had some hs age kids playing hoops. I saw one of them try a razzle dazzle finger roll and called out 'Jelly'. Last week I was at a park,10 kids were playing hoops... same deal.
This is great to hear!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom