B1G10 Schedule Nuggets

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Gophers will play Michigan once this season, in Ann Arbor.

Today Michigan was first school to announce its 18 B1G10 opponents.

GOPHERS OPPONENTS (so far)
@ Michigan
vs. Ohio State ("home" game)

MICHIGAN OPPONENTS
ILLINOIS
INDIANA
IOWA
@ Iowa
MARYLAND
@ Maryland
@ Michigan State
MINNESOTA
@ Nebraska
NORTHWESTERN
@ Northwestern
OHIO STATE
@ Ohio State
@ Penn State
PURDUE
@ Purdue
RUTGERS
@ Wisconsin

Not a bad mix. Northwestern and Purdue should be pretty solid. Nebraska will probably be towards the bottom and Indiana and Iowa are probably middle of the pack teams.
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So it appears the other 8 B1G10 games will be

Illinois (H)
Ohio State (N)
Penn State (H)
Rutgers (H)

Maryland (A)
Michigan (A)
Michigan State (A)
Wisconsin (A)

Illinois (H)
Ohio State (N)
Penn State (H)
Rutgers (H)

Maryland (A)
Michigan (A)
Michigan State (A)
Wisconsin (A)

So we play Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin all once and they're all on the road? Damn this schedule really does us no favors. We have to play the other 6 best teams all on the road, and only get 2 of them at the Barn. Jeez. The home slate really, really sucks.

Hopefully we draw Bucky early. There gonna suck in Nov/ Dec and early January. But I think they'll hit their stride in late January and into February
Last year's schedule was tougher IMO. I think this sets up for us to run the table at home. Miami will be our toughest home game, been awhile when we could say that about a non con opponent. Worst case I see 10 wins best case 14 so I'm gonna say we go 12-6

So we play Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State and Wisconsin all once and they're all on the road? Damn this schedule really does us no favors. We have to play the other 6 best teams all on the road, and only get 2 of them at the Barn. Jeez. The home slate really, really sucks.

I agree. The home/road split of this schedule (all the good teams on the road, easier teams at home) makes it easier to get an NCAA-tourney qualifying record (which would be great in past years) but tougher to get the kind of record it will take to win the conference, which should be our goal this year.

I look at that schedule and see 9-0 at home, 4-5 on the road, for a 13-5 record which probably would put us around 2nd in the conference.

Purdue, Northwestern and Iowa will likely all end the season in the upper half of the Big10 standings - I'm assuming we have each of them at home. Hopefully there is 7 days off after the Michigan St. game - that will be a dog fight w/ bruises & blood. Izzo has a way of turning recovering thugs into basketball players.

Top Bottom