For the first time ever

Some Day...Maybe

Reaction score
in my lifetime, I believe the Gophers will play for a Big Ten Championship. I'm 45 years old and never felt they had as legitimate a shot as they do now since I started watching them.

I was watching a replay of last years Big Ten Championship game on BTN, and for the first time ever it actually entered my mind, and I truly felt it and believed it, the Gophers will be in that game soon.

Ive been hopeful in the past, I was a huge Kill fan, but never had the confidence I do now. I believe Minnesota will be a perennial contender. I just hope the greater part of the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota support it!

Ski U Mah Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

in my lifetime, I believe the Gophers will play for a Big Ten Championship. I'm 45 years old and never felt they had as legitimate a shot as they do now since I started watching them.

I was watching a replay of last years Big Ten Championship game on BTN, and for the first time ever it actually entered my mind, and I truly felt it and believed it, the Gophers will be in that game soon.

Ive been hopeful in the past, I was a huge Kill fan, but never had the confidence I do now. I believe Minnesota will be a perennial contender. I just hope the greater part of the Twin Cities and the state of Minnesota support it!

Ski U Mah Gophers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely......Mitch was an average QB last year which should have been a banner year for him considering the easy schedule. The second half meltdown against Wisconsin was painful to watch.If Croft, Rhoda , Green, Morgan, and possibly Rhey are just one tick up from Mitch I think we have a great shot to match last year and even sneak one more win in.

I hope you are right! I always maintain hope as well.

I've seen many new coaches appear here during my 45 years as a Gopher fan. They all had me optimistic. But no matter what, it always takes a few years before you know what you've got with them. I was confident Kill would've gotten us to the championship game at some point. I believe Holtz would have gotten us to a Rose Bowl.

I hope Fleck can. But after starting with Kill's/Claeys's experienced team this year and sort of starting over with much more youth next year, it will probably be three years before we know what we've got with Fleck. It could be a very Pitino-like trajectory.

I've seen many new coaches appear here during my 45 years as a Gopher fan. They all had me optimistic. But no matter what, it always takes a few years before you know what you've got with them. I was confident Kill would've gotten us to the championship game at some point. I believe Holtz would have gotten us to a Rose Bowl.

I hope Fleck can. But after starting with Kill's/Claeys's experienced team this year and sort of starting over with much more youth next year, it will probably be three years before we know what we've got with Fleck. It could be a very Pitino-like trajectory.

Just like I would have written it....

Correct me if I am wrong, but in 1999 if you changed the Wisconsin loss to a win the gophers would've had a share of the title. Same with a game in 2003 that I won't talk about.

So it has happened twice in your lifetime. This would be the third.

Correct me if I am wrong, but in 1999 if you changed the Wisconsin loss to a win the gophers would've had a share of the title. Same with a game in 2003 that I won't talk about.

and Mason would still be coaching:drink::drink::drink:

You missed 2014. They would have won the west had they finished off Wisconsin. Or had the refs not called that ridiculous penalty on Tommy Olson when it looked like they were going to go up 21-3.

You missed 2014. They would have won the west had they finished off Wisconsin. Or had the refs not called that ridiculous penalty on Tommy Olson when it looked like they were going to go up 21-3.

That call and the confusion on defense that allowed WI to go 60 yards on 3rd and long were the two turning points of the game.

It was a 20-17 game at the end of three quarters in Camp Randall for the Western Division Championship in 2014.

Top Bottom