Athlon on Gophers/badgers matchup: There could very well be a division title on line

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Athlon's analysis of uw's schedule:

4. Nov. 25 at Minnesota
This season finale comes on the heels of what should be a tough matchup with Michigan — both emotionally and physically. There could very well be a division title on the line for one or both teams in this battle for Paul Bunyan's Ax. And you know new Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck will have his team motivated to take on their rival.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...mes-wisconsins-college-football-schedule-2017

Go Gophers!!

per Athlon's analysis of uw's schedule:

4. Nov. 25 at Minnesota

This season finale comes on the heels of what should be a tough matchup with Michigan — both emotionally and physically. There could very well be a division title on the line for one or both teams in this battle for Paul Bunyan's Ax. And you know new Gophers head coach P.J. Fleck will have his team motivated to take on their rival.

https://athlonsports.com/college-fo...mes-wisconsins-college-football-schedule-2017

Go Gophers!!

Yeah, that would be very sweet indeed.

I imagine this will capture some Badger trolls on this thread. I think we've a shot at. I have some concerns about depth in a couple of positions, but if we remain relatively healthy when Becky comes to town I can see it happening.

It could determine if the team is bowl eligible as well. I'm not sure what to expect this season.

I'm with you. As I've said before, this team could go 5-7, or 9-3, and neither outcome would surprise me. You can't be surprised when you have no idea what to expect.

That's why I think the first game of the season is fascinating. First chance to see the new offense and defense in action - first chance to evaluate some of the new players, or returning players in different roles. and above all, first chance to watch Fleck as a sideline coach - see how he and the coordinators handle adjustments, handle clock management, and make game decisions.

This year - maybe more so than most, the non-conference games are really important. The non-conf games are a shakedown cruise for the new staff and new schemes. Hopefully, they won't shake too many bugs loose. But again, I have no idea what to expect. I hope the Gophs look great - but if they struggle, hopefully people won't be hyper-ventilating too much.

Top Bottom