W is a W folks, Gophers are 1-0

Ole

Reaction score
Look, we struggled yesterday, we won ugly and sloppy, our Qb was off, our DE's were slow, and our OL was less than average. BUT WE WON.
I actually think this is a good slap upside the head for the stadium opener, not one player on that team is taking anything for granted now.
A few thoughts
-Oline play was average, but playcalling needs to allow for a rythm, we were getting 3-4 yards a carry at times, but we would get away from it. This will show up on film and all the "pound the rock should be taken off the wall folks" will be ok again.
-Some weapons showed up, Stoudemire had a solid game in several aspects, Green made some big catches, that said we need to mix it up a bit, again this will come, the more exotic packages and plays will be mixed in when the O playbook gets digested and executed with more confidence.
-DE is my greatest concern, although DL Wilhite showed up late in the game, he should get mixed in more, had a nice burst. We need more pass rush.

Overall calm down, if we win 12 games by 1 point in sloppy, ugly performances we are still 12-0
get set for the stadium opener it's going to be a great day in Minnesota history.

Yeah - I can't believe everyone is stressing over a win. We won - in a new offense against a team that we were clueless about! Syracuse said we were in for a surprise and we were surprise but we rose a won. STOP THE STRESSING! Next week will be a beautiful week ending in a 2-0 record.

I was just thinking about starting basically this same thread. True, ugly game, but it was a W. What I'm looking for now is week-to-week improvement, esp on the offensive side of the ball.

I'd like to see us pick up four yards on first down running the ball, and then hand the ball off again once in a while. It seemed like every time we had a decent gain, we'd pass the next down. I hope Fisch sees that in the film and makes adjustments to play calling.

Bottom line: If we can go on the road into a hostile building, have our offense play poorly for 85% of the game, and come out with a W, I remain optimistic about this season.

Agree as well

I was frustrated too, but was also pleased to see Weber get his head back in it at the end when he needed to, to take the team down the field. Oline needs work, pass rushing needs work, yada yada yada. Let's take the W, learn from what we didn't do right, and keep adding to the W column.

Ugly...ugly win! I can't remember the last time we've won so ugly!

But I like that we came out a different team in the 2nd Half, even the Offense finally got into rhythm they just made some mistakes that killed some nice drives we could've easily put up 30+ points........

Top Bottom