Shooter: College Football Preview has Gophers vs BC in Pinstripe Bowl

I know the Big Ten office wants to move teams around to different bowls, which is why the Gophers ended up in San Diego last year (hadn't been to California in forever and Nebraska had played in CA in each of the previous two seasons). Logic dictates Minnesota would get an eastern bowl this year, but with the basketball and hockey teams playing in the MSG doubleheader a few weeks later, it would be tough to convince many fans to pony up for a NYC trip twice in such a short time span.

If that is the tier the Gophers are in, I would guess Nashville/Jacksonville, or even San Francisco, is the more likely option.

I know the Big Ten office wants to move teams around to different bowls, which is why the Gophers ended up in San Diego last year (hadn't been to California in forever and Nebraska had played in CA in each of the previous two seasons). Logic dictates Minnesota would get an eastern bowl this year, but with the basketball and hockey teams playing in the MSG doubleheader a few weeks later, it would be tough to convince many fans to pony up for a NYC trip twice in such a short time span.

If that is the tier the Gophers are in, I would guess Nashville/Jacksonville, or even San Francisco, is the more likely option.

Jike is right again. Don't forget, the BB team going there 3 separate times (Barclay's, MSG Doubleheader, BTT). I think saner heads prevail.

Top Bottom