O-Line

rudy

Reaction score
I just finished watching the game again and I don't think the O-Line did a terrible job. I actually expected this performance. New offense / First time starting and even D-1 for some in possibly the loudest stadium in the country. Nerves and Injury were a factor but don't let the penalties and few bad plays cloud it. I see a lot of promise - hopefully I'm right. lol Definitely improved over last year.

I'm with you on this Rudy....

A win is a win.... Learn from it and move forward.....

Wills Was Gassed

wills was pretty bad

Wills was indeed pretty bad. If you watch the game again, watch the movement of the line of scrimmage on running plays and lateral consistent contact with the D-linemen on passing plays. There is a lot to improve on.

I actually thought Weber had plenty of time in the pocket during the game, sure a defender would get to him here and there but nobody's line is perfect.......

How many times did Weber get sacked yesterday? And when did he throw an interception?

wills was pretty bad

I think that Wills looked bad because he was confused. In general I don't think that the OL was ready for the jumping around and shifting done by Syracuse. The combination of trying to come up to speed and running into a scheme not anticipated by the coaches made him look worse than he is.

You know what, I take it back, Weber wasn't as comfortable in the pocket as I thought. He did have several plays where he had all day back there but most of the Play-Action calls he narrowly escaped getting the pass off.......

I agree that Wills struggled but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt. The carrier dome is one of the loudest stadiums - so penalties might have consisted of him not hearing the snap or audibles. Experience will help him - Watching him I think he did very well today for a first game. He can only get better, right?

That is not a B10 caliber OL. Alford, Tow-Arnett, et al looked lost out there yesterday. I can't count how many times I watched Tow-Arnett looking around for someone to block while his assignment was blowing up the run or getting off of Weber after the play was over. They were truly pathetic.

This will be a long season unless there are significant improvements up front.

It's one thing to worry about execution and the like.

It's another thing to worry about getting physically manhandled guard-center-guard.

Both happened yesterday. Gulp.

one thing i will say though is that one of the defensive tackles for syracuse is a projected top 15 pick in the NFL draft next year

we wont see a better DT all year

Top Bottom