Q&A: Jarvis Thomas Talks Recruiting Ahead of Tuesday's Press Conference

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Q&A: Jarvis Thomas Talks Recruiting Ahead of Tuesday's Press Conference to Announce College Decision
By Chris Monter

http://www.gopherhole.com/news_article/show/814434?referrer_id=331171

Jarvis Thomas, a 6-foot-8, 220-pound rising senior forward from Orono (MN) High, is one of the top wings in the Midwest in the Class of 2018 and is considered the number six prospect in the Class. His strong play this spring has earned him offers from Marquette, Iowa State, Arizona State, Oregon State and mostly recently, Minnesota. Thomas announced on Sunday via Twitter that he will hold a press conference on Tuesday night at 6pm at Orono High School to announce his college decision.

Gopher Hole caught up with Thomas before he Tweeted on Sunday.

Gopher Hole: You recently picked up an offer from the Gophers. When did you hear the news?

Jarvis Thomas: I went on a visit and they just told us as soon as we got here.

Gopher Hole: What was your reaction?

Jarvis Thomas: It was relieving to know that I have the home state as an option and I can go there and it is a good school.

Gopher Hole: You were playing with your high school team at the Gopher team camp and played well. How pleased are you with your team's performance?

Jarvis Thomas: I am actually very pleased. I believed that if we would have subbed to win, we probably, for sure, would have went undefeated, because we only lost close games and we just won our last one. The team camp is all about getting the younger dudes the time now, so when the time comes in the end of the season, if someone is foul trouble or something like that, they can step up and play with ease.

Gopher Hole: Does that give you a little more confidence with the team that you have other guys besides yourself?

Jarvis Thomas: For sure. Yes, it was still close and we had some of our JV and not our best JV guys playing and they still get it done.
Gopher Hole: Any other plans to visit any schools in July before the start of the AAU season?

Jarvis Thomas: I don't plan on visiting anywhere.

Gopher Hole: How about your own individual play? You have been playing well and have really stepped it up at times throughout the spring and summer. How pleased are you with your own individual play?

Jarvis Thomas: I'm pretty pleased. I feel that I can do a little bit more on the scoring end, But I'm fine. We are winning, so whatever it takes to win.

Gopher Hole: I know that I have asked you this before, but what are going to be the main factors that make you pick School A over School B or C?

Jarvis Thomas: Coach relationship. Players. They have to have what I study and I just have to like the school.

Top Bottom