Selection Committee redefines "quality win"

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So is this functionally altering the RPI formula, giving more credit for road wins in the math, and not just the more subjective areas of "Top 50" etc.?

So is this functionally altering the RPI formula, giving more credit for road wins in the math, and not just the more subjective areas of "Top 50" etc.?

A lot of it is semantics, but I'm all for anything that further emphasizes quality road wins. Those are the hardest things to get, much more so than quality neutral-site or home wins. ... though all 3 are good.

Like it. I think it will help the mid-tier big conference teams as well as good mid-majors to get home games against quality opponents. Those top level teams might be more willing to play them on the road since their team sheet will show it in the first column. And it just makes sense from a basketball standpoint too. Road games are tougher, and this change reflects that.

Personally I'd add another category for "elite wins", or something like that. Top 10 at home, Top 15 neutral site, Top 20 on the road. If I were on the committee any wins in that category would hold a lot of weight for bubble teams.

Top Bottom