interesting stadium nugget

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
Reaction score
Stadium could go all chairbacks and not lose capacity

There's more. The design included infrastructure that would enable the stadium to be expanded to 80,000 seats. There are currently 25,000 seats with permanent seatbacks, and the rest are benches. But those benches were designed so that, should they be replaced by seats, no capacity will be lost.
Strib Stadium Article

Concessions

Main concession menu

Item Price
20 oz. soda, $4.00
20 oz. Caribou coffee, $4.25
Boxed popcorn, $3.75
DQ Dilly Bar, $3.00
Bratwurst, $4.40
Nachos with cheese, $4.25
Hamburger, $5.00
Walleye fingers and chips, $6.25
Cheese curds, $4.00
Corn dog basket, $5.00
SPECIALTY VENDORS

Item Price
Mayslacks roast beef sand., $6.00
St. Paul Bagelery sandwich, $6.00
Panino's Gopher on a stick, $6.50
Palermo's pizza, $5.25
Dino's gyro sandwich, $6.25

Now there's food an outdoorsman would love; Walleye Fingers and Gopher On A Stick. I wonder if the gopher is hunted or trapped? On second thought, that Gopher On A Stick might be a little traumatic for the kids. I can see it now, Goldy just finishes a loving and fun visit in the stands with the kids and Dad says, "Hey Junior, how would you like to eat some gopher?"

"O Brother Where Art Thou?" anyone? "Care for some Gopher Everett?"

Strib Stadium Article

Concessions

Main concession menu

Item Price
20 oz. soda, $4.00
20 oz. Caribou coffee, $4.25
Boxed popcorn, $3.75
DQ Dilly Bar, $3.00
Bratwurst, $4.40
Nachos with cheese, $4.25
Hamburger, $5.00
Walleye fingers and chips, $6.25
Cheese curds, $4.00
Corn dog basket, $5.00
SPECIALTY VENDORS

Item Price
Mayslacks roast beef sand., $6.00
St. Paul Bagelery sandwich, $6.00
Panino's Gopher on a stick, $6.50
Palermo's pizza, $5.25
Dino's gyro sandwich, $6.25

i for one hope they don't add anymore chairback seats in the stadium - even following expansion. keep it truly collegiate with as much bench style seating as possible. also, when compared to bench seating, chairbacks just enable people to be lazy and not get up and cheer as much as they should.

I don't think it's Gopher on a stick, Its a Gopher stick, I don't remember exactly but it's long and skinny. It's bread on the outside, and a Panin's specialty, on the inside. The writer's been out to the State Fair to much.

i for one hope they don't add anymore chairback seats in the stadium - even following expansion. keep it truly collegiate with as much bench style seating as possible. also, when compared to bench seating, chairbacks just enable people to be lazy and not get up and cheer as much as they should.

I would think as the program progresses, starts winning more games, goes to more and better bowl games(Rose Bowl or maybe even a National Championship Games) and do other things to increase demand for seating and quality seating the athletics department would add more seat backs. And inturn make them "preferred seats".

Right away I would think they would only increase the cost per preferred seat to account for inflation. But as the program grows the first seats to become preferred would be the seat backs already installed but not currently requiring a donation. Then it would just grow from there. More seatbacks more preferred seating. Or atleats that would be my best guess on what would happen as the program grows.

For reference I attached the required donation for some major programs and some currently comparable programs.

Attachments

• Michigan.jpg
    Michigan.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 25
  • Georgia.jpg
    Georgia.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 22
  • Colorado.jpg
    Colorado.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 20

I want to be levitating above my seat. Maybe that'll come when I get my Hover Board from Marty McFly.

Now there's food an outdoorsman would love; Walleye Fingers and Gopher On A Stick. I wonder if the gopher is hunted or trapped? On second thought, that Gopher On A Stick might be a little traumatic for the kids. I can see it now, Goldy just finishes a loving and fun visit in the stands with the kids and Dad says, "Hey Junior, how would you like to eat some gopher?"

Goldy should protest by attacking all fans eating gopher on a stick.

Top Bottom