sports huddle

Can anybody provide a recap?

I missed the part with Coach on, but I did hear parts with some of the players.

Decker mentioned something about Carpenter seeing the field for 5-6 plays, and something along the lines of "...he'll see more time as he gets more comfortable with the offense..." The players seemed to realize they did not play the best yesterday, but got away with the win. Spoke highly of the other receivers.

Weber said it was really loud yesterday (used "hostile environment" a few times) and they were going on silent cadences, which caused some problems with the false starts. He said he didn't throw the ball particularly well, and they had other first game mistakes they he is confident they can fix.

They talked about playing at home next week, and how they feel they are finally playing a home game, at their stadium. Talked about the dome being home, but having a neutral or borrowed site feel to it.

Dave Mona was really giving Sid a hard time and the crowd was just loving it!

Did I hear Maturi say that he's confident we will have Notre Dame on the schedule in the future? I tuned in during the middle of the conversation so didn't catch who he was talking about.

Yes, Maturi said those words last week at the Fair.

Were coach, Decker, and Weber in person at the Fair this morning? I didn't hear the show this morning but am guessing they were just interviewed over the phone. If they were there...wow thats impressive...that would have been really cool to see/talk to the players at the Fair. I did get to see and could have talked to Sid, Brew, and Maturi last Sunday at the Fair. They are very approachable on that WCCO porch/stage at the Fair.

Weber, Decker, Maturi and the Tow-Arnets were all there. I am always impressed with the way Weber and Decker handle themselves.

The ND game is way off in the future if it ever happens but Maturi did say they are close to an announcement with another big name that will happen sooner.

Weber, Decker, Maturi and the Tow-Arnets were all there. I am always impressed with the way Weber and Decker handle themselves.

The ND game is way off in the future if it ever happens but Maturi did say they are close to an announcement with another big name that will happen sooner.

correct. i read recently that notre dame is looking to tamper down some of the current big ten games they play such as purdue & michigan state, so that they can play some other big ten teams from time to time such as minnesota, wisconsin, illinois, etc.

Top Bottom