Video: Gopher football performance testing, Wozniak top max bench on the team

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Very interesting to see that Wozniak has the best bench on the team. I would have thought it had to be Steven Richardson or someone like Weyler or Calhoun. Wozniak is just so long and lean.

Also the improvements are very encouraging but it'd be interesting to see how this improvement compares to other Big Ten and other D1 teams as well as gopher teams in previous years. I'd imagine it's pretty standard to see an these types of strength increases from Winter to the summer.

They also left out deadlift max and 40 time improvements which I'd assume they'd get tested on.

A TE that's 7 feet tall and benches 400+ pounds is pretty amazing. Hopefully those physical gifts finally translate into something on the field this fall.

Also the improvements are very encouraging but it'd be interesting to see how this improvement compares to other Big Ten and other D1 teams as well as gopher teams in previous years. I'd imagine it's pretty standard to see an these types of strength increases from Winter to the summer.

They also left out deadlift max and 40 time improvements which I'd assume they'd get tested on.

I am sure they tested 40 times but doubtful that they deadlift. Bench, squat and hang/power clean at the most common for college FB.

A TE that's 7 feet tall and benches 400+ pounds is pretty amazing. Hopefully those physical gifts finally translate into something on the field this fall.

Unfortunately last year he played out of position...he is an inline blocking TE and was forced to play in space more last year. If we can keep Lingen healthy, they could be an awesome one two punch.

He will look good dropping passes LOL. Perhaps this staff will use him as a designated kick blocker in the middle of the line on FG's and extra points.

Wozniak top max bench -- that's really impressive, wonder if he stays at TE.

Many of you are hard on this kid...yes he dropped a few but he caught a number of them as well. Still had some worse drops if you ask me. Let's see what he does this year, he certainly has some good attributes.

On another note someone already predicted in another thread (PE, Spoof? don't recall) that it won't be Smith that comes out with the best rushing totals but rather Brooks. I kind of am liking that prediction myself!
Go Gophs!

I bet he benches more than any other 6'10" D1 football TE.

There is raw strength, and then there is functional strength. Having the biggest bench press is great - but does he have the technique to execute a block, and use that strength in a functional way during a game?

Same thing with linemen - can they move their feet, get into position and make a block on the edge? It's not all about strength. give me the guy with good technique any day.

There is raw strength, and then there is functional strength. Having the biggest bench press is great - but does he have the technique to execute a block, and use that strength in a functional way during a game?

Same thing with linemen - can they move their feet, get into position and make a block on the edge? It's not all about strength. give me the guy with good technique any day.

It's cool that they put these numbers out there. Looks like they've been working hard. It is very surprising that Woz has the highest bench press. So often tall guys don't bench press that much and blame their long arms.

Next level strength

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom