Marcus: Curry can take his game to another level this season

BleedGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Go Gophers!!

I believe the biggest noticeable improvement most will see in Curry is shooting. He'll move another step up in his ability to make outside shots. And I agree with Marcus.

If he can add 15-20 lbs from last season to upcoming he should see a big jump. He has nice low post moves, but he was often pushed off balance and wasn't able to complete the shot. Extra strength/balance will enable him to finish those bunnies that he really struggled with at times. I hope coaches are also talking to him about his attitude/demeanor - he can't let those missed shots affect him as much as he did last season. Too much head shaking/hand wringing, just needs focus on the next play / stay engaged with teammates. I'm optimistic because he works hard on the glass and on defense, and those are things that will keep him in the game mentally even if shot isn't falling. Hoping for a big season from him.

Like Clem always said, 80 percent of people die with potential. Last year he made some huge plays, played with a lot of heart, and showed his upside. All the people were saying, "He's gonna be a good one." Next step: become a good one.

I really like Curry and what he brings to the table. He's got another year to kind of figure it out - then hopefully he's a monster his junior year alongside a dominant Murphy.

Very exciting to consider the team with Curry, Coffey and McBrayer all becoming better. Lynch getting better around the basket. Murphy embracing is role for the entire season. Fitzgerald adding ? and the newbies in Washington and Harris learning & growing. Was at a Gopher Sports event yesterday, the word is that Pitino aims to embrace the high expectations of this team as a contender.

Saw Curry at Pro-Am two weeks ago...he is definitely bulking up in the upper body. BEAST!

One of the biggest things Curry needs to improve is his defense. Last year he was a defensive liability too often. What bothered me the most was, much of the time he just looked disinterested. Hopefully this can just be chalked up to his youth.

One of the biggest things Curry needs to improve is his defense. Last year he was a defensive liability too often. What bothered me the most was, much of the time he just looked disinterested. Hopefully this can just be chalked up to his youth.

Lack of confidence, tentative...thinking about what he's supposed to do versus confidently, knowingly reacting.

Top Bottom