I'm disgusted even after two cups of coffee

Running backs

Unless Bennett is healthy or the other guys prove they can run, why worry about passing the ball so much. I know Big Ten teams run the ball but that's not the only way to do well in the Big Ten. Purdue and Northwestern have had success in the Big Ten by their passing offenses. Running teams do better in the Big Ten but we can't get stuck with the mentality the only way to do well in the Big Ten is just to run the ball.

I think Fisch needs to get creative in getting guys like Gray, Weber, Stoud., and Hayo some touches in the running game. If Bennet is hurt, MN does not have the running backs that would be worth pounding the rock with. So we need to be creative in getting touches in the running game to players who are not always the running backs.

Unless Bennett is healthy or the other guys prove they can run, why worry about passing the ball so much. I know Big Ten teams run the ball but that's not the only way to do well in the Big Ten. Purdue and Northwestern have had success in the Big Ten by their passing offenses. Running teams do better in the Big Ten but we can't get stuck with the mentality the only way to do well in the Big Ten is just to run the ball.

I think Fisch needs to get creative in getting guys like Gray, Weber, Stoud., and Hayo some touches in the running game. If Bennet is hurt, MN does not have the running backs that would be worth pounding the rock with. So we need to be creative in getting touches in the running game to players who are not always the running backs.

I agree, stick to what we're good at and right now it's passing. Green & Stoudamire both proved yesterday they are very good weapons on Offense and could take a lot teams focus off of Decker.......

"We won, thanks to a dumb rookie play by Paulus, dropped passes by his receivers and a defense that rose to the occassion..."

I keep reading and hearing about those items but there were also two dropped interceptions (Sherels and Campbell) and a bad out of bounds call on a Gopher reception. Change those things and the Paulus interception doesn't apply and the passes don't happen let alone the "drops" because the Gophers win maybe handily in regulation.

Though none of those things happened. I'm just saying...

I will even add the Weber fumble when the ball hit one of our lineman's leg. I thought we were going to take over the game several times in the 2nd half but something would happen to end the drive.

I will even add the Weber fumble when the ball hit one of our lineman's leg. I thought we were going to take over the game several times in the 2nd half but something would happen to end the drive.

That's one thing to be optimistic about. In the 2nd Half we started moving the football a lot better but the drives would end prematurely (fumble, failed 4th down conversion, etc).......

That's one thing to be optimistic about. In the 2nd Half we started moving the football a lot better but the drives would end prematurely (fumble, failed 4th down conversion, etc).......

I agree, you take away a few mistakes in the 2nd half and we win by two touchdowns.

I agree, you take away a few mistakes in the 2nd half and we win by two touchdowns.

If someone actually picks up Williams on that TD then it might've been a much different game.......

After watching it for the 6th time we had a chance to put up a good 30-38 points but we didn't finish some very key drives.......

If someone actually picks up Williams on that TD then it might've been a much different game.......

After watching it for the 6th time we had a chance to put up a good 30-38 points but we didn't finish some very key drives.......

I agree with your takes on this game. I don't buy the concern. It looked like a first game against an unknown opponent. The 2nd half was pretty good, and I expect us to build on that next week.

Top Bottom