Big News Coming Tomorrow?

DanielHouse

Reaction score
Doogie left a hint on his Twitter account indicating positive news will be coming for the Gophers tomorrow. No indication on what it could be, but I will post updates if any information arises.

I feel like it's probably more basketball related than football.

My guess would be a commitment from Kalscheur or Jarvis Thomas. Doogie tweeted a picture of a group text that mentions a press conference.

I feel like it's probably more basketball related than football.

My guess would be a commitment from Kalscheur or Jarvis Thomas. Doogie tweeted a picture of a group text that mentions a press conference.

Shooty hoops?

Postcard for fan engagement updates?

Hooray. Another vague tweet about "something" good about to happen.

Word to Doogie - that is not journalism. If you know something, say it. If you don't know anything, keep your bleepin' mouth shut. Doogie's job is not to be a shill for the Gophers. His job is supposedly to report the news. If you have news, report it. Otherwise, take a hike.

Hooray. Another vague tweet about "something" good about to happen.

Word to Doogie - that is not journalism. If you know something, say it. If you don't know anything, keep your bleepin' mouth shut. Doogie's job is not to be a shill for the Gophers. His job is supposedly to report the news. If you have news, report it. Otherwise, take a hike.

It's sadly just how it is now with sports news :(

I like to joke about Doogie's non event news a lot, but at the same time I appreciate that Doogie also isn't like many of the sports reporters in town who spend most of their time pooping on the Gophers. So I can forgive Doogie's twitter gamesmanship.

I received an e-mail this evening from Dicks Sporting Goods titled "PSST, something BIG is Happening Tomorrow". You don't think Doogie was referring to their one day Cyber July sale tomorrow do you?

I can see how one might get excited receiving 20% off Gophers apparel. Damn, Doogie does know his audience.

Cyber Monday never disappoints

I am guessing this has to do with the Athletics Village and fundraising which will be met with collective yawn by those who originally saw Doogie's tease. Fundraising news at this point, will only excite the bean counters as the Village is getting built with or without any additional donations.

I am guessing this has to do with the Athletics Village and fundraising which will be met with collective yawn by those who originally saw Doogie's tease. Fundraising news at this point, will only excite the bean counters as the Village is getting built with or without any additional donations.

Depends on scope of donation. We're upgrading the BARN!

But I'm guessing yes, just a large donations to atheltics village. We don't care, but we should.....because if donations don't come in, athletics has to pay for it from revenue and not have the ability to invest in other projects.

My initial gut feeling is Matthew Hurt is comitting to the basketball program.

Santa Claus is coming to town!

This.

Can't wait for Post it Note night at 3M Arena at Mariucci.

For a comparison. Amsoil Arena got $6M for 20 years, averaging $300,000 a year. This deal is for $800,000.

^ That's where I'm at.

Disappointed the news today wasn't something more immediate. Shame on me for falling for a teaser by f'ing Doogie, Mr. "Fake News" himself.

Well, at least it sounds like the U worked with the Mariucci family and got them on board with it. Forever Mariucci in my book.

Well, at least it sounds like the U worked with the Mariucci family and got them on board with it. Forever Mariucci in my book.

+1. I understand the money, very glad that they apparently were considerate of loooong standing tradition.

Ultimately, it's good news for the fund-raising. But seriously - who is going to call Mariucci "3-M Arena?"

when - and I do mean when - they sell the naming rights for Williams Arena, I don't care what the new corporate name is. I'm still going to call it Williams Arena. Unless you are one of the 3 people that called the Metrodome "Mall of America Field" for Vikings games.

^ That's where I'm at.

Disappointed the news today wasn't something more immediate. Shame on me for falling for a teaser by f'ing Doogie, Mr. "Fake News" himself.
Not Doogies fault you're a child and need immediate satisfaction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ultimately, it's good news for the fund-raising. But seriously - who is going to call Mariucci "3-M Arena?"

when - and I do mean when - they sell the naming rights for Williams Arena, I don't care what the new corporate name is. I'm still going to call it Williams Arena. Unless you are one of the 3 people that called the Metrodome "Mall of America Field" for Vikings games.

But seriously, why the hell do you care what people call it? Evidently they included the family. They're getting a nice bunch of change. So the media might use the name, it'll be on the U's media releases and somebody from out of town might call it that; but it's still going to be "Mariucci Arena" to Gopher fans.

I'm ok with the name thing. It brings in money, as a more urban college I would hope we could capitalize on corporate sponsorship and sports better than we have in the past.

Not Doogies fault you're a child and need immediate satisfaction.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

LOL, every news station in town has known this 3M deal was pending, and every news station got a text about the press conference today, and yet Doogie tries to grab credit last night, like he was privy to some breaking news. If the hack journalism in this town doesn't bother you, you're part of the problem.

Top Bottom